Wish the game wouldnt let people change classes mid match just to take out scorestreaks.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Wish the game wouldnt let people change classes mid match just to take out scorestreaks.

in reply to 2200rms

There are way too many things in this game to counter with a single class. If you are too bad to adapt, that's your problem.

DTP

Damn participation trophies

Activision Ambassador

Re: Wish the game wouldnt let people change classes mid match just to take out scorestreaks.

in reply to 2200rms

Why dont you play Battlefeild where they dont let you do that.

Oh thaths right they do there too, and every other FPS game out there.

Level 72

in reply to 2200rms

I don't really follow your problem, in fact I actually wish it let you switch between any of your guns and all of your equipment at anytime during play like Borderlands2. I just think it would be more fun and more conveniant for trying out different setups and combos. The trade-off of course is that you could easily get killed while your changing if your not fast.

At the very least I wish you could swap between the classes you do have setup without having to wait to die and respawn. I've actually never understood why you couldn't do that at least. It would work from both sides, as an attacker you could change between your setups easily to keep the enemy off-guard, from a defensive standpoint if you find yourself against attackers doing somethng you wasn't expecting you could switch to a class to better defend against it. Without having to die and respawn in either case, it just sucks to me that you have to allow yourself to die before you can try something different if the class you first choose isn't working out or if the enemy changed their tactics and you need to adapt. I have wanted to switch classes before mid-game and had to go find an enemy and intentionally let them kill me just so I could change and to me that's counter intuative and yet the game forces you to do that if you need to swap classes for some reason. It forces me to have an extra death and my team to have loose a point while giving the enemy a point, just so I can change classes to deal with some specific aspect of the enemies tactics that I didn't expect them to use when I choose my original class because you can't have one class that covers every possibility.

Level 13

in reply to KirikaRyoko

Just kill yourself instead of letting the enemy get the kill lol crazy girl

Level 28

in reply to electricfuneral1

I tried that once on Carrier and I can't be 100% sure but looked like it still counted as a death to my team and a kill to the enemy. Also not an option on all maps, some of the maps like Rush, Nuketown, etc don't have anyplace to "fall" off the map from to kill yourself.

Level 13

in reply to KirikaRyoko

Yeah it can be harder to kill yourself on some maps. Nuketown I think you could dolphin dive off some places and die but on that small map by the time you do that you would be killed anyway.

So yeah sometimes you have no choice.

Level 28

in reply to 2200rms

I guard my score streaks when I get  them. I guard my sentry gun until I get my dragonfire and then I use it to keep an eye on my sentry gun and soldier. Works well.

Level 6

in reply to Desslok

"I guard my score streaks when I get  them. I guard my sentry gun until I  get my dragonfire and then I use it to keep an eye on my sentry gun and  soldier. Works well.I guard my score streaks when I get  them. I guard my sentry gun until I  get my dragonfire and then I use it to keep an eye on my sentry gun and  soldier. Works well."

That sounds a little bit like your describing what I've heard people calling a "score-streak camper", usually someone has an EMP which works wonders against those.

Had a group of them hiding in the plane on Cove late last night protected at every end (or so they thought) by their scorestreaks. I launched my huner-killer and got FIVE kills from a single hunter-killer drone. The most I have ever gotten from one hunter-killer drone. I didn't even aim it at them, I was actually on the other side of the island when I launched it, just hoping to catch their teams lone rusher out running around somewhere.

I guess they thought all their score streaks, Trophy Systems, C4, and bouncing betties would protect them, all huddling up did was give me the best kill grouping from a hunter-killer that I've ever had or seen. Once they was dead from my hunter-killer someone else on my team tossed in a single EMP and all their streaks was junked instantly.

Level 13
Highlighted

in reply to 2200rms

I find I dont need to switch classes for 2 reasons. 1: they dont have that KS because they were killed before getting it 2: they do have KS cause of the lemmings, I find that Bullets work rather well.

Level 45

Studios