Why you should play on 'claw'.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why you should play on 'claw'.

in reply to trialstardragon

We actually agree today sir! I love killing halo jumpers mid flight.

Level 27

in reply to IcyRapture

IcyRapture wrote:

It takes skill to jump/drop shot,

No it doesn't it takes the abilitiy to be able to press a button (or paddle or bought a scuff as your favourite yt/pro player got one) while you shoot.

There is no skill in drop/jump shotting at all.

IcyRapture wrote:

if you walk around like a silly goose you aren't going to go anywhere.

i dont drop or jump shot and seem to be able to do fine, in fact most games quite happily kill players who insist on dropping at my feet or bouncing around like they're tigger.

IcyRapture wrote:

I feel like my IQ is dropping replying to people as such, since people in this community really don't understand anything about the game they've been playing for how long?

Be very careful here, your attitude is beginning to resemble one of the sort of people that has caused many in our community not to like the "pro" players or even the wanna be pro players.

IcyRapture wrote:

they suck against any players other than pros.... Pros... Uh, aren't they a little better than randoms?

lets be very clear here the ONLY thing that differenciates "pro" players from normal players is one group is in a team that plays at lans/competitions thats it , the ability to get a group together play as a team at an event and win does NOT make you better players than normal players. All it does is make you good at your preffered variation of the game thats it.

You know theres poor 3arc and activision going hell for leather trying to attrat more people to the competetive side of cod and here you are once again reminding us why the majority of players dont like comp play as its full of jumped up ego inflated delusional prima donnas

p.s the claw stance is effing uncomfortable and pointless.but im sure because scump uses it untold wannabe mlg players will now adopt it and spend weeks wondering why they suddenly arent being talent scouted by optic scouts

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I'm gonna have to disagree with your logic on jump shotting. When you jump shot you still have to track your target and put bullets on your enemy so I'd say there is some amount of skill involved. Is it an amazing feat in gold medal gaming athleticism, probably not but it's more than dumb luck too.

With the whole "you just push a button" logic you could say that no video game requires any skill ever, I mean your just pushing around joysticks and pressing buttons right?

Level 18

in reply to skippinglobster

Dropshotting and Jumpshotting take skill.  If anyone thinks that they don't give me a "legit" reason why.  None of this "pressing a button" nonsense.

Level 47

in reply to IcyRapture

IcyRapture wrote:

If you knew about jumpshotting or being a good player in general, you would

Any credibility or worth that you put into your original post is negated when you make a posts like this. I'm not going to call you what I think you're being because you can jump to that conclusion too. If you're going to teach, then teach.

in reply to IcyRapture

Most of these guys dont look at Jumpshotting/Dropshotting strafing left or right upon enccounter as a viable Aim evasion tactic, They probably just stand perfectly still and Let their connection roll the dice.

Level 5

in reply to IcyRapture

Do me a favor, don't classify video game players as pros. There are too many good gamers who don't compete in the candyland comps who can destroy "pros".

Level 27
Highlighted

in reply to IcyRapture

Thanks for sharing this vid. I will try and incorporate this style into my arsenal but it might take me weeks to master it. I was so inclined to buy a new Scuf with 4 padles at the back but then I'll try this thing first and save a few bucks.

Level 35

in reply to IcyRapture

The OP is just pointing out an alternative style of holding the controller that may benefit a reader or two, personally I've never tried it so Ill give it a shot just for laughs. I presume he mentioned the "pro" players to highlight claw is not utterly useless, but it seems this is what's got other wound up?

Although I rarely need to dropshot (unless ive been jumped by a gang of enemies!) jump shots have their place when an enemy has seen you and is hiding round a corner, surely this is a accepted method of attack in such circumstances? Hiding enemies tend not to be able to track your jump arc while you blast them round a corner. I had no idea it was considered bad "etiquette"? In my experience a jumpshot on a hiding enemy is very handy when you know said enemy is anticipating that you'll be trotting round the corner for an easy kill. Doing it out in the open is not smart though Smiley Happy

Level 7

in reply to Datura1

The problem is, most who try to "jumpshot" are completely terrible at it and end up jumping right into your crosshairs. They can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that they still have to aim, which is what playing "Claw" allows you to do.

I don't see anything wrong with any of it. If someone wants to Halo jump me, I'll end up killing him nine times out of ten. If someone can actually do it and hit what they're shooting at, good for them. They obviously out-maneuvered me and deserve that kill. Next time, I'll come back to that same corner they're likely hiding behind with a rocket and go about my business.

Don't see the point in everyone getting all up in arms about it.

Sure, the OP has quickly made himself look completely ignorant, but I kind of see where he was TRYING to go with the post.

Level 7

Studios