Why would I use a gun other than the FAL

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why would I use a gun other than the FAL

in reply to jcostanzo27

FN FAL was my favorite gun in MW2.  I'm going for diamond everything, so I am saving that for later, after I finish all the guns I hate, like most SMGs and the MTAR, and the LMGs, which I really enjoy, but headshots don't come easy on those.

Level 15

in reply to jcostanzo27

Fal is my favorite; 9010 kills with a 2.1 k/d.

Although, I wanted to bling it out so I'm working on my other ARs right now. I have to admit, changing it up makes the game a lot more interesting. I've found that I seem to being doing awesome with guns I thought sucked.

Level 3

in reply to jcostanzo27

i find myself saying that about the MK48.

why use anything else?

large magazine: check

huge power over long distance: check

amazingly accurate: check

kill people through walls and evem more brutally with FMJ: check

kills snipers cross map before they can even squeeze a round off: check

destroy everyone on the map and then ask for seconds: check

Level 18

in reply to jcostanzo27

Post patch the FAL has become nearly useless for me in core.  I will shoot and I will not get a hitmarker until the 4th or 5th shot is away.  When you are playing against run and gun SMGs that fire 3 shots to your one you are already about dead by the time your hit marker appears. 

I have the same disapearing bullet problem with the SMR. 

For Core I use the M8A1 with scavenger.  I can't get everything I want on the gun but at least my bullets register.  Pre patch the FAL was my gun of choice. 

Level 6

in reply to jcostanzo27

I only run the FAL on a couple of maps and I only play HC. So if I'm on Yemen, Drone or Carrier, I tend to run with a suppressed FAL. Otherwise, I prefer the AN-94 or suppressed M27. I'll take a high fire rate over a plodding one in hardcore any day.

Level 10

in reply to jcostanzo27

Maybe because you might want a little variety?

I think the FAL is a great gun too.

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

I like it. No onw answered the OP's question.

I LOOOOOVE the Semi AR's because once you get used to them again, say a match or two, then you can pull the trigger soo fast. This leads to the ability to kill an enemy in a shorter period of time than the automatic AR's.

Its all about the time it takes to kill rather than any other single stat. Well, at least for close range. The FAL does long range soo well and we are all aware of that.

If you dont want to use another thats fine but I would reccommend trying to getthe calling cards or skins for other weapons/attachments. I am 2.5 rifles away from diamond AR's and I have never played a COD game more than this. COD4 was close but that was over the whole year it was out. Its 2 months almost 3 now and I have made it further than I have any other COD at Prestige 6 and a lot of gold guns.

Level 1

in reply to CharlieBrownOO7

CharlieBrownOO7 wrote:

I like it. No onw answered the OP's question.

I did answer his question.

To add some variety .

Level 15

in reply to jcostanzo27

I think the FAL with select fire and target finder has become "that" gun what a lot of people find overpowered. I prefer the SMR for its longer 2shot kill range.

I don't think anything is OP in thus game and I can counter everything, but the FAL as above is very noob friendly and people who are not great tend to turn to that setup, I have a friend who uses it because he just does way better than when he's using any other AR.

I wouldn't be surprised if the FAL got another slight nerf in this next big update. As I said though it doesn't bother me.

Level 2

in reply to BazL79

I think part of the problem is that FAL if Semi-auto'd at max rate(hard to do, but possible) in its 2hit range...or with headshots...has a faster kill rate than skorpion rapidfire, perfect hit pointblank(by a very very slight margin.)

When Considering that the fal is already super accurate, and maintains its accuracy over distance with a large magazine using decent ADS and reload...its kind of hard to beat.

Level 6

Studios