Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?

in reply to RAN Kismet

It makes me wonder as well. This is the first time I have heard of the random reset. I have seen people lose a few levels before because of a corrupted save but never a complete reset. It just makes you wonder if they were attempting to do some sort of patched glitch and the game reset them. Not accusing anyone it just makes me wonder.

Level 43

in reply to Rednecksniper39

I have another account that is very early in the levels. Maybe only in the teens. I should go into local match and see what happens. Won't bother me one bit to see it reset. I don't play on it anyway as it's a second account. If I remember I will do so when I get home later tonight and post with results.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

I've played local before when my Internet was a little slow and never got reset. It is also what makes me wonder. I know 1 of the glitches had to do with local so it makes me wonder if they were repeating the actions to do it and Treyarch fix for the glitch was to make doing it a reset.

Level 43
Highlighted

in reply to Rednecksniper39

You have a very valid point there. Saves me from having to screw with it. Lol. I do know that System Link will also mess with your stuff. My boy got his CaC slots all jacked up last. No level reset. He said he went into system link (DOn't ask me why) and went to change a class, it came up with a UI30010 error and froze up the XBOX. He came upstairs and told me about it. I went and checked it out, contacted Support via facebook and got it fixed within an hour or so. So don't go into that either.

I trust him when he says he wasn't trying anything stupid as I was just upstairs when it happened. He knows what would happen if he were to try.

Level 28

in reply to RAN Kismet

well i can honestly say im not a cheater far from it i had to google what boosting was coz i didnt know , im just a chick who likes too play this game  , i quite often let my kids play in the local part so they can play zombies in split screen together .. how can going from local to online which is how i play reset my stats .. im majorly annoyed as it is te second time now .. first time i got mad but dealt with it and started again was almost at P1 ... this time im really mad that it has happened ... not that im that high in levels but with 5kids ive prolly spent way to much time on it as it is , P1 lvl 41 so almost at P2 ... and no my kids are only , 5 , 7 & 9 , so no they wouldnt know how to do any of this cheating stuff either and besides i sit and watch them ...but id like to know why my stats have been reset again .. its sucks and has made me not even want to play .. what is the point when eveything just vanishes from one day to the next ... ya work hard to get where ya at then boom its gone ....
i had a message pop up the day after the dlc dropped and i downloaded all that , that my custom slots had been reset , was a bit angry but figured that was easy fixed .. but to lose stats is much more than having the custom weapon slots reset ...
if local is the problem and it isnt being fixed then we should be given the option to hide local from the game menu .. saves the heart ache of innocent people losing what they worked for in the game ..
and as for support , i went to contact us and answered q's to be given a news article .. really ? can someone please help me contact a real person coz a news article doesnt quite cut it for me as supprt !!

Level 1

in reply to JR_82

That is the EXACT same thing that happened to me.....can't find any support or contact shit either....just keep getting FAQs and crappy articles.

Level 1

in reply to RAN Kismet

OK HERES MY STORY!!!

I was a 2 prestige, not sure if i went to local or not, but all of a sudden "your classes have been reset" comes up. EVERYTHING got reset. So i started from scratch and played for a week and a half, got to 4 prestige, had 3 assault rifles at gold camo. My GF wanted to verse bots on local so i hit local, first thing that comes up "Your account was corrupt and has now been restored to the last auto saved rank." or some shit like that.

THIS PISSED ME OFF because since the reset, I had achieved a shitload more than before the reset and it restored my shit back to before the reset meaning I lost all the extra stuff I had earned since.

I'VE SPENT TOO LONG TRYING TO GET IN CONTACT WITH SOMEONE TO HAVE THIS FIXED AND I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN ANYWHERE. I SENT EMAILS, RANG HELP NUMBERS AND NOTHING. TREYARCH, ACTIVISION, XBOX LIVE ARE ALL FUCKING GHOSTS! COULDN'T SHIT ON A PLANT TO FERTILISE IT!

Level 1

in reply to RAN Kismet

I had no idea about the local glitch. When i downloaded the DLC, it wouldn't let me play online. So I was one of the guys who went to local to play around. I  then went back to multiplayer and everything was messed up. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Level 1

in reply to UavTaylor

yeah neither did i til i came looking for answers today as to why my stuff had been reset .. if i had known it id never have let my kids in it too play it .. i still call horse sh!t on their end though ..they really should be fixing the issue instead of letting it go on and on like it appears to be ... been on the activision assit fb page and the amount of people it has happened to is unbelieveable !

Level 1

in reply to RAN Kismet

This just happened to me, I didn't know about this til today. I use local a lot, especially when my girlfriend wants to play and this is a first. I had interent issues, I recieved the "cannot connect to server" message. So I decided to play a local match, just to pass the time for my internet modem to reboot. I signed into Xbox live and then realize everything I had was gone. The funny thing was though, I still had some of my emblems I made and I still had the silenced weapon calling card I'm using. But when I go into the barracks all my cards are locked. I sent in a request, hopefully activision can resolve this.

Level 1

Studios