Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why the sudden rash of "my stats got reset"?

in reply to youcantgetme62

How do a person play in local mode

Level 6

in reply to youcantgetme62

I posted my chat session, and another person did too in the thread I created that I'm updating.  As of now I have been given no answers and have had nothing fixed.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414030510#414030510

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to RAN Kismet

After reading most of the replies I can say this. My sons account got messed up last night. He went from playhing zombies and then went to system link. His CaC slots got all jacked up and he got a UI30010 error. I contacted Cutpurse and Activision Support via Facebook. Activision told me how to fix the issue and we fixed it. I told him NOT to go into Local or System link again. He is non prestige lvl 43 or so, so you can tell he hasn't played much. So due to his lack of play time I am sure he was unaware of the problem. He didn't lose any levels so I am happy with that. He is now aware of the issue and shoudn't be going into that menu again.

I am VERY vocal to my children about doing stupid things on the XBOX (boosting, cheating, etc...) and they know that the game WILL be taken away IMMEDIATLY if I catch or find out that they did it. To my knowledge they have NEVER boosted or cheated in anyway, and they are fully aware that if they get their account in trouble I WILL NOT be getting them another one.

I do agree that there might be something in this to prevent some sort of hack, glitch as has been previously brought up. If so, kudos for Treyarch to put a stop to it. If not, it is an annoying bug for many that needs to be fixed. I think most are aware of the issue and are using it as a scapegoat for boosting thinking that they can get their stats back by pleading they went to a local game.  With all of the reports that are sent daily I am sure there are alot of bans being sent.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

What was the fix?

Level 2

in reply to TheTripleB

I just reset them all to the default class by pressing X. Then it will ask what default class to reset it to. Pick one and go. Do that for ALL create a class slots and there you go. Problem solved. I also showed him to go into the Custom Game so he wouldn't have to mess with any other menus. Those classes were also messed up. I fixed those by doing the same thing.

He wound up with some weapon calling cards he did not earn. I contacted Support via Facebook to have it looked at so that they could remove them. I don't want him to put one on and possibly getting banned if someone were to report him.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

And that brought back any stats, calling cards or unlocks he had back too?

Level 2

in reply to jwaller123

I tried.  I think your son had a different problem than I did.  It didn't work.  It looks like his classes were just jacked, my entire account was.  Thanks for the suggestion though.

Level 2

in reply to RAN Kismet

If those who have been reset for no reason due to a glitch then I hope they get their stats back. To all those who cheat or boost all I can say is really? This has been the easiest game to max prestige on since MW2!! Blops had 15 levels of 50, MW3 had 20 levels of 80!! Ten levels of 55 is even lower than MW2's 10 levels of 70. Do the work! In Blops and MW3 I maxed out the hard way, almost all of it was HC TDM while objective games give you a lot more xp per match.

Level 27

in reply to RAN Kismet

I enjoy playing this game and don't get to spend near the time as many on this thread porbably do.  I spend many hours at work and have kids that come before this game which leaves me with minimal time to play.  I hadn't played in almost two weeks.  Just turned on the game today to download the new maps, as I had purchased the season pass some time ago.  I noticed that my presitge looked as if it had been set back to level 1 as if I had never played the game.  I don't boost or cheat as what has been referred to in this thread.  I did send a note to the support email and have not heard back as to how to restore my stats.  I don't mind working back through and getting my prestige back but dissappointed in losing the permanently unlocked weapons and perks I had.  Its rediculous and looking at some of the links individuals have posted it has been an known issue that appears to not yet be fixed.

Level 1

in reply to RAN Kismet

I enjoy playing this game and don't get to spend near the time as many on this thread porbably do. I spend many hours at work and have kids that come before this game which leaves me with minimal time to play. I hadn't played in almost two weeks. Just turned on the game today to download the new maps, as I had purchased the season pass some time ago. I noticed that my presitge looked as if it had been set back to level 1 as if I had never played the game. I don't boost or cheat as what has been referred to in this thread. I did send a note to the support email and have not heard back as to how to restore my stats. I don't mind working back through and getting my prestige back but dissappointed in losing the permanently unlocked weapons and perks I had. Its rediculous and looking at some of the links individuals have posted it has been an known issue that appears to not yet be fixed.

Level 1

Studios