Why snipers don't like Treyarch's Call of Duty games.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why snipers don't like Treyarch's Call of Duty games.

First off, I will say that I really enjoyed Black Ops and In my opinion it was one of the most balanced Call of Duty games ever released.

this post is to criticize WaW and BL Ops 2.

now to the subject at hand -

Treyarch specifically engineers their maps to give "rushers" or "pushers" the upper hand by having one or two long range zones split by a labryinth of corners and medium distance zones.

secondly in Black Ops 2 the SMGs and ARs all have impressive DPS and coupled with a quickdraw handle and stock the sniper will have no chance as they must be scoped in to make an accurate shot while a pusher can be aimed in while turning a corner and immediately zero in on you.

Lastly Treyarch split what the stealth perk should be (MW2 version of Cold Blooded) into 3 different perks, and even if you use all of them you still are vulnerable to UAVs so you can't sit still and make an accurately aimed shot or you will be displayed to the enemy team.

So, please Treyarch, inform me on how you think this is in any way a balanced game. You had it right in Black Ops and gave everyone an equal chance but how can you specifically make all of the maps small-medium sized and at the same time gimp stealth perks and the snipers chance to fight back at close range.

Level 1
9 REPLIES

Re: Why snipers don't like Treyarch's Call of Duty games.

in reply to killometerpeter

Sniping is easy in this game, who ever hates it is obviously bad at a game that is handed to them.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to Film_Not_Rated

If you cant snipe in this game, you're just bad in general

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

I agree with the 2 posters above me  sniping in thus game is way easy.  1 hit kill above the waist most of the time.  In 4 matches sniping today i got more  kills than i did in the entire time i played black ops 1.

Level 12

in reply to zingaa

Cant agree more, easiest COD to snipe by far

Level 3

I'm personally glad they made it so you show up on UAV if you're sitting still, almost completely stops campers, or at least makes it easier to deal with campers. I never thought about what it was doing to snipers though, don't personally enjoy sniping on CoD most of the time, I guess now when you're  sniping you can only take a few shots before you have to move. IMO its a good trade, stops camping but makes snipers more vulnerable, then again I'm not sniper.

Level 1

So your saying you cant snipe in BLOPS 2? Bullshit! i get sniped all the time.

Level 2

in reply to Stinger11B

I agree, if anything sniping is op

Level 2

How about not sniping on CQ maps? Just saying..cause Snipers run and gun, hide behind cars, lay down in the middle of the road right? RIGHT?

Seriously, I am not gods gift to Call of Duty, but Snipers are laregly the biggest mouth breathers in the game. I watch in horror as our team is losing a Slums match, and the 12 year old with the Kontrolfreaks is standing in front of a car just shooting away at the hood.

Haven't seen the 380 degree spinning yet though, at least that's a plus.

Level 1

Havnt tried sniping yet, probably wont but word on the street is sniping is the bees knees on this game. At least thats what I hear all the snipers say in games and on here.

All I know is on SnD there is so many long sight lines where a sniper can basically sit in there spawn or just outside of there spawn and just wait for rushers and pick them of all day. Snipers almost dominate SnD.

Level 28

Studios