Why no sniping maps?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why no sniping maps?

in reply to KT Phoenix

Because the majority of CoD player can not aim, just spray n pray from the hip.

People have even complained about the maps being to big in MW2 and BO1 because they have to run for few seconds to get back into the action, no joke, they really complained about it. This is the kind of people who play CoD today, they want crap maps like Nuketown and Hijacked.

Level 24
Highlighted

in reply to FixBlops2

I really liked the open style maps in BO1 and MW2.

It's sad that it has come to this. Hijacked and Nuketown are the worst.

I still like playing Nuketown every now and then but I really dislike hijacked.

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

Black Ops 1 had some of the best maps, perfect for any playstyle just like CoD4 and MW2.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

And that is why i absolutely refuse to play Nuketown or Hijacked anymore. I stopped playing Nuketown when all that happened was me being spawn killed the whole time and i stopped playing Hijacked when all that started happening was the spawn was flipping every 2-5 seconds.

Anytime i see/saw Nuketown or Hijacked, i immediately back out of the lobby/match.

Level 37

in reply to KT Phoenix

I feel like a braindead monkey after playing Hijacked, this map is so dull.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

I really like Nuketown...I also like Hijacked...though their are issues with the spawns.

With that said, I also really liked Array.

I would prefer they merely sectionalized their maps rather than remove either group. For example, make 16 maps and seperate them into groups of 4.

4 small crazy maps like nuketown, hijacked, Dome, Firing Range etc.

4 medium sized maps like Resistance, Hanoi, Terminal, Afghan, etc.

4 Huge open Maps like Array, Derail, Jungle(Large Pathed, semi open), village(Large Pathed, semi open).

4 Unique maps(maps that have a build and feeling that sets them apart from mere size) or multifaceted maps(maps with lots of xyz axis buildings and interior/exterior paths. Examples would include: Estate(unique), Favela(multi), Hardhat(Unique), Seatown(Multi), Quarry(semi-multi unique), wasteland(unique...even though I personally hated it...it gets the idea across of trying something different), etc.

I think if they did this, and made at least 16 maps from the getgo, than the maps would be much more appealing.

Level 6

in reply to KT Phoenix

honestly, STANDOFF is a great sniping map. infact, its the best map out of all the maps in this release so far. if i want to snipe, its going to be on that map. carrier is somewhat suited to it as well, but its too cluttered. that with the limited FOV make it not as good. i disagre with downhill being a sniper map. yes there is a long fairway, but its completly blocked with garbage. there are no sight lines from cover there.

there are a few reasons people QS:

OSK

no adequate sniping maps

Level 18

STANDOFF is made of classic CoD material.

Low verticality, choke points, sight lines and good cover.

It's surroundings remind me of Overgrown, which is the sort of map that Black Ops 2 needs to break up all the cqc style maps we have now.

Level 9

in reply to KT Phoenix

I don't know what you are complaining about. Every map in the game has spots for sniping. Not every map is the best for sniping but they all have sightlines if you play it properly.

Sniping is not for everyone. You need quick reflexes and sometimes you need to be able to pull off a "quickscope" to stay alive. Maybe you need better situational awareness? Sniping is pretty easy in this game. Just keep working on your aim and you will find no problems.

Level 18

in reply to brsox

I played on every map. I know where the sniping spots are but the problem is the fact of there being too many openings into that spot. I never said there wasnt ANY sniping maps, just that there were hardly any DECENT ones. Cuz the way it works is this, Decent line of vision...Too may openings to the spot. Nice enclosed area.....sh*tty line of vision. That is how this game is now. I have good awareness but i shouldnt have to keep my eyes on 4 entrances all at once to make sure i dont die because that takes time away from sniping and a potential kill.

Level 37

Studios