Why is the CoD Community so bad?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why is the CoD Community so bad?

For awhile, I actually thought it was good, but that is because I only noticed the forums and never outside of it, but when I took to Twitter randomly and just going through random YT'ers posts...It's crazy how bad the player base is...and i'm not saying bad as in player skill, I just mean bad as a person.

I see a account of lagswitcher/modder who is trying to build a fan base dedicated to that sort of thing, and he would bash anyone who plays legitly...That makes sense. Sad thing is that eventually he will have a good fan base and be cashing.

Then I see another account of a spawn trapper, the dude is in college, yet everyone who calls him out on his play style he just uses great amounts of profanity against them, yet you are suppose to be in college? Ok. Not to mention he's one of those players who cares about his KD since he said he wouldn't risk his KD by running and gunning in a FFA...It's not that serious, it's a game...You can easily maintain a high KD while running around if you play smart...

But it's fine, just keep abusing the poor spawn system and get that E-Peen even bigger, all the girls will want you then.

Then "MLG" players...I'm not even going to touch that actually, give a team good communication, you're set.

This may be a stupid post, random post, what ever you want to take it as...and it is, i'm just amazed...Or really not amazed to be honest, at how poor this community really is. You have that Youtube Drama (Some real, some fake.) All for money in the end. Vahn is so "excited" with MLG now, he's so happy for QSing all of a sudden...He's trying to cater to the small majority of players who have massive EGO's but still aren't great without a team, and that's funny.

Anyway's, I have more to say, but it's late and i'm tired...I also don't want to post every thought I have since it'll just turn into one giant TLSmiley Very HappyR/Rant (Even though I'm not trying to rant.)

Will the community ever be remotely better?

Level 19
52 REPLIES

Re: Why is the CoD Community so bad?

in reply to Film_Not_Rated

Notice that none of those YouTubers post here??

They represent a small part of the community, as we do here.

I don't care for people like that - any videos I see on YouTube I generally dislike within a heartbeat, the same goes for any posted on here.

Things like KD and WL are there to feed people's epeen - KD and WL have no interest to me because as you rightly point out - its just a GAME!!

Level 29

in reply to gdexter

Youtubers don't represent a small part of the community, it's much larger... I know the forums do of course.

I'm not sure which CoD YTer has the most subs currently, but a lot of the more known ones do have a great amount of watchers. Which in turn over the past few years has freely advertised the game and gotten more players into it.

It's just funny when I see someone who has 30k+ Subs (Least on Twitter he did,I didn't check.) say he's in college, yet drop more profanity on others than a kid on Xbox live. Then pretty much state he's a pro when he's abusing a spawn system and holding onto his precious KD.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to gdexter

gdexter wrote:

Notice that none of those YouTubers post here??

How do you know for sure?

Level 31

I've been playing a lot of SnD lately and have been wondering the samething. The players that talk have absolutely nothing positive or constructive to say.

Level 23

in reply to BKBLAZER

Lol I know what you mean. It's pretty amusing though to me. I use to play SnD everyday back in MW2 and oh boy the trash talkers in that...

Not to mention if you weren't quickscoping you would get an ear full.

Level 19

lol I remember one of my first few games on MW2 (BO1 was my first COD so I was playing MW2 for a break from MW3) and oh Buddha did someone have a pop at everyone in the lobby seeing the scores because everyone (except me) were highest prestige for having bad scores.  I left in case he wanted to bring me into it since I finished top of the leaderboard by a fair whack.

Level 31

CoD would be great if it had the same community as the people here in the forums but sadly its not.

There is no Youtube CoD Community, these people suck each others d*ck to get more promotion and youtube money, its all fake what you see on youtube. They don't care about the game, its all about the money.

Level 24

There's mostly good people in the COD community but just like real life; the a-holes get all the attention. Don't see the problem with MLG and competitive in general though - at the very least it's good players looking for a fair fight.

Level 18

in reply to McZOMBI

My problem with MLG in this game (Not others.) Is people think that they are actually a god, you could say...Everyone but them is bad, terrible, etc. When in reality there is no major skill needed to be good in this game, or even be considered "MLG"

And as I said, Vahn comes out of no where, so hungry for this competitive style, that it's hurting other things.

Level 19

Studios