Why is my connection so bad in Black Ops 2?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why is my connection so bad in Black Ops 2?

in reply to iamjustjohny

There is no incentive for people to have a good speedy internet anymore.  With them going overboard on lag compensation, people with poorer connections and speed have the advantage.  This needs to be reversed.  Lag compensation is never going away, but it needs to be tweaked so that hosts and speedy connections have a very small advantage, otherwise the lagfest will continue to get worse and worse.  I am not even going to mention the lag switches.  It is really a shame.  If they came out and said that we are going to change this to give people with better speed and connections a slight advantage, you just watch how much better things would get.  No more hosting complaints, people would no longer modify router settings or run torrent downloads while playing.  The company needs to wake up and create the incentive for good fast internet not slow laggy connections.

Level 1

in reply to RaiderNationRox

Define 'speedy internet' please.

Level 11

in reply to RaiderNationRox

"I pay more for my internet i should have an advantage." Ive heard this bs so many times its sad.. I play on verizon 4g. I get good games and laggy ones. The issues is the game.

Level 2

in reply to deadmaggot6

The issue is people such as your self.... You have a MINIMAL of 400ms of latency on 4g.

Level 4

in reply to iamjustjohny

They are useing out dated netcode that can't keep up with all the high speed interwebz

Level 4

in reply to iamjustjohny

You have a bad connection because of 2 reasons (most likely)

1. The game is making to play with people that are not local (not even close) and so you won't be able to connect to them as well.

2. There is a feature called Lag Compensation that is coded poorly and needs to be tweaked. I think it also has to do with the game making people host based on bad logic.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to iamjustjohny

i sometimes get 3bar connection even with best connection settin chosen.  just got to wait for them to patch it.

Level 9

in reply to iamjustjohny

Idiot.. 3 bar is the standard connection if you're not the host. The host gets 4 bars, everybody else gets 3 bars (if he's good)

Level 1

in reply to pr0-sn1p3r-007

this is completely untrue. Everyone in the lobby can have a 4 green bar connection if they all have a good ping to the host. And you're calling others idiots?

Level 5

in reply to pr0-sn1p3r-007

I have 4 bars 90% of my games and when im host there MAY be 1 or 2 people that dont have a 4 bar connection but usually everyone does.

Level 4

Studios