Why is it assumed?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why is it assumed?

Why do people assume that because you have a low spm tbat you are a camper?  I play the edges of the map tactically,  but usually I am always on the move, but by no means do I camp. Keeping the edge of the map on one side of me just eliminates a side I have to watch, and lets me shoot at the nice meaty center of the map. Sure I will stop and exploit a long site path to get some kills, but usually move on fairly quick because I know tbe people I kill will come looking for revenge.

Level 17
36 REPLIES

Re: Why is it assumed?

in reply to stonculd1

Depends what gamemode you are playing. If you have a low SPM in TDM it means you either camp, play very passive, or play like you descibe. If you have a low SPM in objective gamemodes that it does mean that you camp and dont play the objective.

Level 16

in reply to blb128

what is your spm anyways

Level 2

in reply to Derif85

My overall is 378 i think

Level 16

in reply to blb128

blb128 wrote:

Depends what gamemode you are playing. If you have a low SPM in TDM it means you either camp, play very passive, or play like you descibe. If you have a low SPM in objective gamemodes that it does mean that you camp and dont play the objective.

This.

There's nothing wrong with camping in TDM. I mean the point of TDM is not to die so much compared to objective game modes so I don't blame players for playing more passively.

I play Domination most of the time and my overall SPM is around 420 but the only reason it's so high is due to the fact that there are more ways to obtain a high SPM (i.e objective pursuits and also scorestreaks are pretty easy to achieve in objective game modes).

Level 51
Highlighted

in reply to stonculd1

I play TDM pretty much in the style you have described and have a SPM over 300.

I'll probably pass judgement on a combination of K/D and SPM and I'm usually right.

Level 16

in reply to stonculd1

So many variables are involved in analyzing stats, unfortunately, you provided no details on what your SPM is, how many kills you have, and what game mode you play.

Level 25

in reply to stonculd1

stonculd wrote:

Why do people assume that because you have a low spm tbat you are a camper?  I play the edges of the map tactically,  but usually I am always on the move, but by no means do I camp. Keeping the edge of the map on one side of me just eliminates a side I have to watch, and lets me shoot at the nice meaty center of the map. Sure I will stop and exploit a long site path to get some kills, but usually move on fairly quick because I know tbe people I kill will come looking for revenge.

Without insulting your post: Why do you care what people say? Camp or not, its your choice to play as you desire. F--- what others say.

No matter what you do, you will be called a name anyways,.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to Izjar11

Oh I was wondering how people thought they could derive someones playstyle from their stats. I don't really care what someone says so much. My spm is around 175-200 and my kd is 1.13 if you think that helps. I only play tdm.

Level 17

in reply to stonculd1

No offense but TDM players with your stats tends to play cautious and maybe that's why they mistook you for a hardcore camper. I'm a TDM player, too. I play pretty much no other game modes.

I say just ignore them and don't let them get into your head. You get mad at them then you let them win in the psychological part of the battle. 

Level 35

Studios