Why has Treyarch yet again ignored the real balance problems and not nerfed the PDW/MSMC and Quickscoping on the snipers!?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why has Treyarch yet again ignored the real balance problems and not nerfed the PDW/MSMC and Quickscoping on the snipers!?

in reply to parnezzi

I call BS! Sniped from across the map with an SMG?! any SMG I try to use at long range shoots rubber bullets, they simply cannot kill at long range unless your target doesn't move and you manage to empty a full clip into them whilst burst firing without a suppressor!

Level 2

Re: Why has Treyarch yet again ignored the real balance problems and not nerfed the PDW/MSMC and Quickscoping on the snipers!?

in reply to LethalGnar

I do agree that the smgs are overpowered. All these people saying quickscoping is OP here just makes me want to drop kick each and everyone one of them. If you think quickscoping is op then put on a bolt action and see how hard it really is. If you miss your first shot you're fucked in CQC.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to noPS34U

noPS34U wrote:

I do agree that the smgs are overpowered. All these people saying quickscoping is OP here just makes me want to drop kick each and everyone one of them. If you think quickscoping is op then put on a bolt action and see how hard it really is. If you miss your first shot you're ****** in CQC.

Since when did the perceived difficulty of quickscoping has any bearing on whether if it's overpowered?

Level 31

in reply to LethalGnar

Sorry OP both are big non issues. Which leaves............

Level 44

in reply to LethalGnar

This thread is a waste and a pointless rant. SMG's are not OP, they have now had 2 rounds of nerfing and yet people still say they are OP? Sorry but that is laughable. I have used them all extensively and they do what they should!

Players really need to stop this bitching about balancing, the SVU is OP? Again this is laughable, it takes 2-3 shots to kill, it works how semi auto sniper should, it has no ohk unless its a headshot, believe me assault rifles can kill quicker even at range!

Players won't be happy until all guns are crap and UP! Pathetic!

Level 2

in reply to LethalGnar

SMG's are fine.

QS is fine.

The SMG's had a big nerf in range when using a silencer.

I know QS seems unfair and it maybe is. But considering the maps most of the times you have to.

Plus I'm still not sure people actually know what QS is.

I have been QS'ed maybe 15 times at tops since the game is released.

Every other time it's a dragscope or just someone sniping.

Level 14

in reply to LethalGnar

Herp derp... they are not OP, they are just over used by those that know how to use them effectively. Learn to adapt how you play, stop thinking that your choice of weapon will always win out all the time. Accept that maybe you loose some of those battles because you are not as good as you think. Realize that the devs do not always have nerf the weapons just to make you happy becuase you do not want any weapon beating the one you are using becuase surely you are skilled with it, so it must be the weapon that is unfair. When really it is usually the reverse and you are not nearly as good as you wish to think you are but too save face you will never admit to it.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

By those who know how to use them effectively? For God sake, it doesn't take skill to use a SMG.

Level 6

in reply to death-dignity

Just put a laser sight on the M8A1 and you're good to go for close, medium and far range. Honestly most AR users are just too stubborn on using it in CQC without the right attachments.

Level 7

in reply to LethalGnar

They reduced the range before damage drop-off occurs on the SMGs if you put a suppressor on them.

That said, I was using the MSMC with suppressor today and it was just absolutely wrecking people a bit past medium range (think: the diagonal distance of that basketball court on RAID).

Level 7

Studios