Why does a prestige master have the same equipment and perks that a level 55 player has?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why does a prestige master have the same equipment and perks that a level 55 player has?

in reply to riffy08

I think prestige masters should be forced to play with no attachments and no perks!! 

Level 7
Highlighted

Re: Why does a prestige master have the same equipment and perks that a level 55 player has?

in reply to riffy08

Dunno what the fuss is about PM, all it means is you've played the game a lot.

Most I see have K/Ds between about 0.80 and 1.20 with not amazing SPMs and even worse W/L ratios.

Prestige means nothing and you shouldn't get an advantage / disadvantage as a result of it.

Level 16

in reply to riffy08

Getting an 11th slot, or better yet, allowing the earning of "Pro" perks would be a nice incentive to getting to PM (from someone who's already a PM).

Level 2

in reply to Raeder73

Raeder73 wrote:

Getting an 11th slot, or better yet, allowing the earning of "Pro" perks would be a nice incentive to getting to PM (from someone who's already a PM).

In which case, as someone who has diamond LMGs I want Stopping Power on my LMGs so they are all a two hit kill across the map with rapid fire and a suppressor not affecting the range of my guns....

Level 31

in reply to riffy08

you dont. a level 55 has a limited number of tokens, which means he has limited unlocks for scorestreaks and equipment.

MP has everything.

Level 18

in reply to riffy08

Since this game has such a big camo based system for guns, I think there should be a special gun camo unlocked for all guns when you reach PM. Like a flaming camo, chrome camo, or something special to indicate ingame that you are a master prestige. It doesn't have to be advantageous to be a show off of your achievement in the game.

Or something to your streaks change, like when you are PM your stealth chopper, sentry, dogs etc. have a different look to them. Like PM calls in dogs and all Dobermans or Rottweilers come running out instead of the dingy wolf dog they use.

Level 18

in reply to JSlayer211

again, anything special given for prestige master will only cause more people to prestige glitch to get it. The current system is fine with everything being unlocked.

Level 14

in reply to JSlayer211

Boosters should get labradoodles.

Level 2

in reply to JSlayer211

JSlayer211 wrote:

Since this game has such a big camo based system for guns, I think there should be a special gun camo unlocked for all guns when you reach PM. Like a flaming camo, chrome camo, or something special to indicate ingame that you are a master prestige. It doesn't have to be advantageous to be a show off of your achievement in the game.

Or something to your streaks change, like when you are PM your stealth chopper, sentry, dogs etc. have a different look to them. Like PM calls in dogs and all Dobermans or Rottweilers come running out instead of the dingy wolf dog they use.

the problem with this, you see, is that people cheat like crazy to get the awards/achievements already.  take the diamond camo for example.  probably half of the people rocking diamond got them legitimately.  there is boosting everywhere.  giving yet another perk/camo/achievement award for prestige master will undoubtedly only increase the amount of cheaters.  how satisfying is having some special award when half the cheaters in the world run around sporting the same award having gotten it illegitimately?  and if it is just to have the satisfaction of doing it fair and square, why the need for the award?  see what i mean?

Level 10

in reply to ValleyYeti

I see what you are saying, but I don't think the gameplay and achievements should be diminished for the simple fact that some will cheat to get it. If we go by your standards then why not just remove prestige from the game all together? Don't put it in because people will cheat to get it. Same for camos, take them out because some will cheat. However, the peoeple that don't cheat then get a lesser gaming experience for it. The things I suggest aren't game breaking or even affect the game at all, just appearance sake buffs to show off a bit. Which is what we already have in place just nothing for the PM's (other than that tacky emblem).

TLDR: Don't let cheaters determine how great of a gaming experience we can have.

Level 18

Studios