Why does K/D matter to you?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why does K/D matter to you?

in reply to wtcwarrior

to be honest, I use the K/D for two reasons.  to gauge my own improvement and to check before a match to see what kind of lobby i am in.  I know if I see tons of 1.5-2.5 I am in for a long (or quick, unfortunately) match.  I do agree that I wish that they would include a +/- as it would be a more accurate gauge of improvement, but I work with what I am offered.  I know if i see my k/d going up, then I am getting better.  Conversely, if I see it going down, I need to play smarter.  I really don't care what my k/d is, only whether it is going up and not down.

Level 10

in reply to wtcwarrior

In this game K/D has no meaning. Connection serioulsy makes it not trust worthy of a stat. So i really pay no attention to it.

I played some groundwar lastnight and the entire other team had k/d's ranging from 2.50-7.00+ But they were all still negative or just positive. Suprisingly no one dashed to save there stats. So what i am saying is Obviously this game showed me thet a 7.00 k/d is BS in this game.

Level 38

in reply to wtcwarrior

When I played solely TDM, I cared about my K/D because it showed me how well I do on my own while rushing around (don't have enough friends that play BO2 to form a party) and I basically judge my skill on that.

Now, playing solely Domination, I focus on the objective and winning. I throw on the lowest scorestreaks I can and rush for flags, killing anyone on or around them.
K/D means nothing in Domination. I can go 25-20 and have a 7,000 score and a win, whilst someone on the other team can go 15-2 and have 2,000 points.

Now, my SPM shows how well I do on my own. I'm pretty much always at the top of the leaderboard unless a clan comes in, because clans can obviously run a train over a team of randoms and get their SPM waaaay up there lol.

Level 15

in reply to wtcwarrior

I have a buddy who thinks that K/D is worth a lot. He holds a 1.7ish and I get to hear about it all the time...oh, and he plays domination and CTF where K/D doesn't/shouldn't matter. As long as your not constantly feeding the enemy kills then it doesn't matter.

In TDM and FFA then yes it does matter. Not the overall K/D though, just the K/D within that mode. An overall K/D of 3.0 means nothing if you only hold a 1.3 in TDM. The 1.3 is what I would be more concerned about. That's the one that will tell me how you play. If you hold a 3.0 and all you play is objective modes, then I will assume I will have to cap a couple more flags to carry your non objective playing a**.

Level 28

in reply to wtcwarrior

My K/D is a 2.3.  I don't even try to keep it.  My W/L is a 8.0+ and that is all that matters to me, it would be way higher if BKs had to dashboard to keep there 1.0 K/Ds.

Level 16

in reply to wtcwarrior

I like to keep mine above 1.0, right now I'm at around 1.35 or so. I like to keep it positive because I want to know I'm getting more kills then deaths. I also play about 95% FFA so K/D is kinda the objective, I could probably keep mine over a 2 if I only played to win but I like to use a lot of classes like crossbow only or just snipe for a few matches. Having fun is the most important thing, although it's nice to know your doing well too.

Level 18

in reply to wtcwarrior

i don't care about my k/d ratio at all. it would be better to kill more than die, but my run and gun style is at odds with this desire. i could slow down, i could camp, i could snipe, i could be much more cautious, but then for me, the game wouldn't be as fun. result? 0.42 k/d ratio and i'm perfectly happy...

Level 1

in reply to wtcwarrior

It doesn't. I am very happy with my K/D in this game, but only because I play HC TDM almost exclusively.

If I am killing more than I am getting killed, then I am helping my team out. I like to keep tabs on it as a matter of monitoring my progress, but I could care less what anyone else thinks about it.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to wtcwarrior

This all depends on the game mode.   If objective game type, I'd rather have the guy that went 14-9 and 7 captures vs the guy that went 34-5 with 2 captures.

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

What if the 34-5 was the reason the 14-9 guy got the caps. I developed a habit in waw when I reached 10th of running off the headquarters so that lesser prestiges would get the points. Back then, only the first person got points for hq caps. This doesn't necessarily apply here but it's still a habit. There are far too many variables involved.

Level 8

Studios