Why do people hate on this game so much?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why do people hate on this game so much?

in reply to KoRny1

until you guys provide real proof of it happening all you say is just your opinion anyways. And no you guys havent yet. "oh but there are tons of videos..." on youtube showing some dude whining about "lag" when hes simply getting owned. Refering people to youtube to find the proof on their own, is whats really hurting you guys whom are trying to prove that this is a real thing.

Again, Im not some jackass simply saying these things. Like some Im simply a member of the community trying to get to the bottom of it all. If the evidence points to it being there as bad as you all claim it to be then I shall join you in asking (not ranting, asking, with respect,) the devs to speed up the proccess on the patch. Im not going to be rude cause its till a lengthy process to develope a patch. But if the evidence I come across points to it being in your head then thats what I will go by.

so once again, I find myself asking, If you know of a video which proves it exists, please Direct me to it so that I can view it. it would be in your best interest to direct people in this way as you meet far less opposition.  When you refer someone to youtube to do their own research keep in mind, there is a high probability they will run across several videos of guys just complaining about lag and showing nothing, if not that then it will be a guy who treats the events of kill cams and theater like the bible. If not that then it will be the players who try to show lag through live recorded gameplay, only to show that 9/10 when the claim lag, its nothing more then them playing poorly.

Believe me, I have downloaded several of these videos, and watched one specifically to the point where it is seared into my brain frame by frame. I literally sat there for several days going over one players footage. Taking a look at his deaths and kills that look suspicious, and Guess what, the majority of his deaths were for poor aim, horribly reaction time, and game mechanics. Im not saying there wasnt lag. On the contrary there was. I believe I point it out and the reason for the sudden spike in the lag department... wasnt lag comp.

Its because of people like that, that alot of us say its all in your head. I have watched numerous videos and all were basically the same. A moment or 2 of real lag and then every death is caused by lag.

If you want to prove what it is you are all claiming, then my advice is take a more proactive approach. Provide the proof that you want them to see.

I want this issue resolved as much as you guys do. I just dont much care which one turns out to be true. Lag is lag. I see the same lag I have always had to deal with and so I know how to deal with it. makes no difference to me.

But if it makes no difference why go through all this trouble? well one, the devs get a ton of unwarranted abuse from this community. two, to many players try to find an excuse as to why they died. instead of realizing what actually happened and taking steps to prevent it from continually occuring they simply blame it all on lag and move on. The reason this bothers me so much is because of what is happening to the community. first it makes the situation seem far worse then it actually is. second  I want a challenge. You will only improve by understanding your limits. You will never understand your limits if you continually blame legit deaths on lag.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

On my theater in black ops 2 i have 2 videos that I kept,

one is on the map afthermat, go check the full video if you can send me a friend request.

Then you'll see what the game is, LAG LAG LAG.

The game is out for almost 3 months and remains in this state?

Nor in MW3 had these problems I'm having at Black Ops2

PLEASE!!!! fix the game.

Level 1

in reply to FIXBLOPS2

FIXBLOPS2 wrote:

On my theater in black ops 2 i have 2 videos that I kept,

one is on the map afthermat, go check the full video if you can send me a friend request.

Then you'll see what the game is, LAG LAG LAG.

The game is out for almost 3 months and remains in this state?

Nor in MW3 had these problems I'm having at Black Ops2

PLEASE!!!! fix the game.

Ive already told you this once. What you see in Theater is not the definitive truth as to what happened. I have proof of that on my youtube. It doesnt matter if you are host either. Of even in private match. the degree its off varies as all things do. Its not lag. Why would the game show me shooting somewhere were I was not actually shooting?

I can understand it being lag if on my screen i was shooting at the guy and getting hit markers, but in theater hes not where I saw him in game. That would be lag yes. however thats not what I see theater doing. What I see theater doing is failing to plot where I was actually aiming in game, Live. Even when I was host it was still off (granted not by a ton, but it was noticable).

ill say it once again, Theater is NOT an exact recording. it is a reenactment. What I mean is the game is literally bulding that game again using data it saved from that match. This is how you can use free cam and all that. that "match" is actually playing out before you, this time tho the actions are controlled by the computer.

again, im not trying to be your enemy. Infact all I am trying to do is help the community get this resolved. If it exists, it needs to be proven beyond the shadow the a doubt. Leave no room for aguement. Prove it. If it doesnt exist, then the community needs to realize this and A: stop attacking the devs and B: start looking to themselves to improve.

*EDIT* oh if your wondering, Im not posting it yet becasue Im going to take it down and edit the films a bit to try to make it more clear what I am seeing and why its off. You can watch it now if you want or you can wait till later today/tomorrow

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

deamonomic wrote:

Im not some jackass simply saying these things.

Yes you are...

There are at least 5 different threads (that I've seen) of people posting footage on here where it shows side by side footage the gamer recorded with the footage the game's theater mode recorded. They have the two sets of footage lined up perfectly to the frame and then put it in slow motion. In all videos you can plainly see Player A comes into view on Player B's screen a ~1 second before Player A can see Player B

As for you not wanting to look up the proof yourself... I don't need to hunt down the footage again just to show you. Who cares if you believe me? Are you a Developer?  Doesn't help or hinder me if you don't believe there's a lag problem just because you're lucky enough not to deal with it.

Level 8

in reply to KoRny1

yea... i know the video your talking about. yea... While I will admit there to be "lag" there, its not the lag you are all whining about. The lag that you see there, is no where, NO WHERE near 1 second let alone the 2 second delay some of you are all talking about. The lag there is laughable. if that is the lag you are all complaining about count yourself lucky lmao. I deal with worse lag on average then that. I wouldnt even notice that pitiful amount of lag. Did you know that the difference in there is about 1/4 of a second? and the delay from gunshot to hitmarker has a delay of about 1/8 of a second (first bullet only.. atleast as far as I can tell)? These things happen literally in the blink of an eye.

Now if you guys want this minor problem fixed, I would agree with you. I would even lend my support of trying to get the devs to fix it. I wouldnt attack them over some dinky little lag like this. and again, if you think thats lag, you dont know what true lag is.

never said I didnt want to look up the proof myself. I asked you to provide proof because the proof I have found has lead me to not believe you guys. Listen. Keep up with the go find it yourself routine... but your only hurting your side. For every video that "might" prove it, there are 30 claiming its there but prove that it isnt. This is the same proof given to the Devs. They say no real problem. why is that?

Im running my own little test right now... and isnt that interesting XD. On average there is a 3-4 frame delay between shot fired and hitmarker, this is on both sides, and I have noticed this in other videos. Its not lag your seeing with the bullets. They are still flying and registering. The bullet leaves the gun then travels for a few frames into the enemy and gets a hitmarker. The only thing here is there seems to be the slightest delay registering that first bullet. this delay mind you is like I said about 3-4 frames in length, less then a blink of an eye. Its hard to tell because by the time the first shot registers and gives you a hitmarker you have fired off another shot. So it begs the question, was the first bullet counted at all? yes.

Im rendering my vid now showing what I see and why its so laughable that you guys are raging over something that small. Will give link when its uploaded. should be so in about an hour. its only 3 minutes and ima tell you now... I didnt spend a ton of time on it, kinda a hit and run. pains flaring up so being lazy.

If that nuketown video is what your referring people to to prove that lag is ruining the game, then you are hurting your own arguement.

KoRny1 wrote:

deamonomic wrote:

Im not some jackass simply saying these things.

Yes you are...

There are at least 5 different threads (that I've seen) of people posting footage on here where it shows side by side footage the gamer recorded with the footage the game's theater mode recorded. They have the two sets of footage lined up perfectly to the frame and then put it in slow motion. In all videos you can plainly see Player A comes into view on Player B's screen a ~1 second before Player A can see Player B

As for you not wanting to look up the proof yourself... I don't need to hunt down the footage again just to show you. Who cares if you believe me? Are you a Developer?  Doesn't help or hinder me if you don't believe there's a lag problem just because you're lucky enough not to deal with it.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

actually the developer vonderhaar did confirm the lag issues on a twitter post but said it isn't something that can be easily fixed. nor did he hint he was going to fix it. sorry i'm not providing the tweet because i'm too lazy to go back and scroll through it but you can do so if you wish.

Level 1

in reply to Pell89

For all you who play core and blame lag for everything I challenge you to play hc for one week and tell me it doesn't play a lot better.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I play HC on and off...I've not noticed any difference.

Level 8

in reply to KoRny1

I find that very hard to believe. I used to be just as frustrated as the lag boys till I discovered hc.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

I have, hardcore does play better depending on your style.  i still notice lag comp, people just can't escape getting shot in the back.

Level 9

Studios