Why did you buy the map pack?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why did you buy the map pack?

Honestly why did you bother? Nearly every time the new maps come up, people vote random or for an old map. As a result I hardly get to play them, honestly can't figure out why people bothered buying them.

Level 16
13 REPLIES

Re: Why did you buy the map pack?

in reply to TheSurgeon83

i got them purely for the peacekeeper, dissapointed in the actual maps tbh apart from zombies die rise

Level 1

in reply to TheSurgeon83

ive found it the other way round last time i was playing on black ops2 i was sick of seeing grind and downhill not that they are bad maps, just you get sick of playing them after 2-3 times in a row it would be nice to play the old maps just as much

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

I've never been in that position, not saying I wan to play them non-stop, just want to play them every now and then. Just been in a lobby 2 new maps were up for vote, yet random got 8 votes. Go figure.

Just to make it better, the random turned out to be Afterturd so everyone backed out anyway.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I bought the map pack, played it for a month then moved it to a thumbdrive. I am now playing without the map pack, on the normal non-DLC playlist, and I still have access to my Peacekeeper.

I bought it because I thought the maps are great and for a month, I played nothing but TDM on the new maps. When Treyarch removed the Revolution playlist and put the maps unweighted on the regular rotation, I lost interest. Treyarch should have kept the Revolution playlist.

Level 35
Highlighted

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I actually bought the season pass back in December because I figured that I would be sinking a lot of time into this game (true) and I wanted the experience to stay fresh.  My (thus far) limited experience with expansion packs from previous CoDs has told me that they'll average two maps I like, one I dislike and one that's meh.  In this case that's held true: I like Grind and Mirage, think Hydro is okay and dislike Downhill.  That's a worthwhile ratio in my book.

And I have to say that I feel the community as a whole thinks the new maps are fine.  For the most part none of them (except Grind) can compete with the most popular original maps like Hijacked and Standoff; but on the other hand none of them is jockeying with Aftermath, Carrier and Drone for the most unpopular map.

Level 7

in reply to PandasRpeople2

simple enough zombies I'm not buying Mw4 at all and I think I'm done with zombies as they even mangaged to F that up

Level 6

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Because almost every launch map was terrible, and I wanted the new gun. Don't regret my purchase at all, new maps almost always win the vote and they are all better than the launch maps. And the Peacekeeper is a great HC weapon.

Level 25

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Because i wanted too.

Level 12

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Map packs are hella fun! They extend the fun imo.

Level 27

Studios