Why are Treyarch so stubborn compared to IW?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why are Treyarch so stubborn compared to IW?

in reply to vims2011

I agree. The small maps are fun sometimes but there's basically little to no room to actually need to plan anything or play tactically. I think it's best one there are maybe 2 or even 3 maps that are small like Nuketown or Hijacked, but the rest should to be medium to large sized maps, so there's more space, and SMGs/shotguns won't be basically at an automatic advantage just because the maps are so small.

Level 18

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

Maybe they could bring it back in a DLC pack with maps built to better suit the mode... I think War would play well on Array from Black Ops 1, and obviously the WaW maps. I think they should bring back some Black Ops 1 and WaW maps, even if it's separate from the Season Pass. I'd pay for it. It'd be a fun way to end this generation of Call of Duties.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to Foxhound-Pro

I guess 3arc are against having maps specific for game modes?  You need not one game mode apply for one map as there are usually overlaps in the dynamics of different game modes but, with so many game modes IW and 3arc have done, it's hard to make a map that plays well in all of them.

Level 31

in reply to CR4IG

Because we keep talking shit about them, hahaha

Level 4

in reply to MrCoates28210

so?? lol they deserve everything they get! they dont fix the faults and in game bugs and everything naturally there gona get hate and people talking $hit on them. if they wasnt incompetent and did there job right people would be more friendly to them rather than them turning there backs on us. cods a dying franchise and just a cash cow no longer enjoyable like it was back in the days of mw2 ie bigger sized maps. treyarch have began to make a joke of this game black ops was a darn sight better than this

Level 8

in reply to zombyeslayer87

They do know how to do their job right, just people here are too fickle and want everything the way they think it should be and that is never how it will be ever in this game. The smaller maps is becuase of listening to people here too much who complained about large maps and campers. So if you want to complain about map size, than point the finger at the community and those that cried about all the bigger maps.

Plus why should they listen much or do everything that the community wants? There is no reason, this community does not really know what it wants nor can it ever really come to a consensus on what is good or bad about the game.

Ruhsers want small fast paced maps, tactical players want larger maps, Snipers want even larger maps. People want easy game modes to boost for exp to gain levels quickly like infected... They cannot within the limitation of the current gen console make everyone happy and give eveyrone what they want all the time.

Some people are just going to have to be disapointed becasue they cannot ever make even 95% of the players happy, let alone ever try to make 100% happy and give everyone what they want. But the players and forum goers here never understand that because they do not want to. They are to damn entitled and think the game has to be tailored to their ever changeing whims about what game modes should or should not be in, and how each and every little thing should work against each other. Which means if they did those things the game would never be stable or balanced, for every player has a different view of balance and stable or fun game play.

But those people who then get upset that they were not treated like kings and queens then come here and make an arse of themself, which gives 3arc plenty of reasons to not want to change much or add things. Plus in the end it is their house, their game, their rules, they decide how the game is and not the players ever. Dont like that? Go find another game, or learn to make one of your own and then see just how hard it is to make all the customers happy about every little thing that is complained about. It cannot be done ever.

It is people like you and your manner of reply that make them be how they are in some respect. I know for sure if you were in my house complaining about something I made and allowed you to use about how it was not exactly waht you want. I would just either ignore you or say gtfo, go cry somewhere else.

No one here is entitled to have the game be exactly how they want 100% of the time ever and they never will be.

Level 70

in reply to CR4IG

when you're quick to add things (gamemodes) like IW did , you are more prone to missing potential problems (even ones that the community pointed out beforehand). This isn't always a bad thing as it's nice to see things implemented quickly from our point of view. A good example of this is infected which we all said would turn into a boosters paradise and the ignored suggestions that leveling was turned off in the community modes playlists. Wierdly this is something i've recently just discussed elsewhere but anyways, I think Iw got a good balance when it came to community involvement in changes made to the game, this time round Treyarch are really dragging thier heels (the ongoing more hard core modes being the prime example )

As for War there are a ton of gamemodes that got made for bo2 that never made it into the game , theres a variation of war called world domination that (and i'll try to find the tweet) Vahn when questioned about did say it was unlikely would make it into the game for a few reasons. I like many am a little surprised about the lack of a war tye mode as it was always a fan favourite and something we have all asked for to return often. It's a shame the map sizes we have now dont really work for it, who knows maybe we might see a few large maps in a future dlc that could caterto a war like mode i hope so.

Also i just want to mention richochet in mw3, what alot ofpeople dont know is when it was added as a knee jerk reaction there was alot of behind the scenes discussion about removing it both from us to iw and inside iw itself. While i dont agree with richochet at all i do understand why it remained and respect iw's honesty and reasoning for keeping it. It's just a shame they didnt fix the issues adding richochet caused though.

While i do agree there is a rather large disparity between how the two dev studios do things and this time round community interaction is woefully lacking and the emphasis seems to be more on competitive /leagueplay than anything.. you have to remember Vahn has come onto the forums once since the game has come out and that was to discuss hardcore, something he has already said he will be getting back too soon. I'd rather something is done right and doesnt piss off people than its done hurriedly and causes more issues.

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote: I'd rather something is done right and doesnt piss off people than its done hurriedly and causes more issues.

I do tend to agree with your perspective and also recollect you too live within the technology world if I am not mistaken.

Having said that and not being too specific, I am in senior leadership with a major HW manufacturer and my personal mantra is "progress vs. perfection" in creating direction and maintaining reasonable timelines to please our partner base.

I do feel that Treyarch is lacking in community engagement in general and although we would all like 100% perfection on any title adjustments, they could strike a better balance on the progress side of the equation while also creating a bit more transparency with the community.

Just my .02.

Level 12

in reply to snorubit1

snorubit wrote:

maccabi wrote: I'd rather something is done right and doesnt piss off people than its done hurriedly and causes more issues.

I do tend to agree with your perspective and also recollect you too live within the technology world if I am not mistaken.

dude you make it sound like i live in the matrix, wait a minute that sounds cool.. yes , yes i do

snorubit wrote:

Having said that and not being too specific, I am in senior leadership with a major HW manufacturer and my personal mantra is "progress vs. perfection" in creating direction and maintaining reasonable timelines to please our partner base.

I do feel that Treyarch is lacking in community engagement in general and although we would all like 100% perfection on any title adjustments, they could strike a better balance on the progress side of the equation while also creating a bit more transparency with the community.

Just my .02.

No fully agree there is a serious lack on interaction and dragging of heels atm.

as for your progress vs perfection comment, .. ive lost count the number of times ive had to say to clients to you want it now or in a few days when we have fully tested it works as you want?

Level 75

in reply to CR4IG

oh please wait till MW4 then everyone will be saying how IW is "stubborn" and how 3arch makes a better game and listens more to the community.....this happens every year move on.

Level 8

Studios