Why are SMGs so powerful in BO2? ;S

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Why are SMGs so powerful in BO2? ;S

I know the maps are getting smaller and therefore SMGs naturally become more powerful but does nayone else feel like 9 times out of time if they come within the same quarter of the map as an SMG user they're basically going to die?

That video pretty much sums up my thoughts on it.

Level 2
6 REPLIES

Re: Why are SMGs so powerful in BO2? ;S

in reply to flashguardlol

SMG's thrive on small maps, so it's no wonder they do well in BLOPS2 considering almost all maps are small.  This is the answer.  Also, other types of guns are fine as long and you adjust your playstyle to the gun.  If it's not an SMG, you need to slow down.  If you can get the first shot off on target with an AR, you will get the kill.

Level 13

in reply to slap1i

Most maps are at a size where most engagements can be quickly controlled by a quick-thinking smg player.

Level 2
Highlighted

Most maps also feature a section that can be dominated by a long shot gun.  If you venture into close quarters with anything but an SMG or shotty, you can expect to lose that gunfight.

Level 13

The SMG's are weaker,far weaker than MW3, the problem is the Assult rifles are far to weak, they feel like LMG's.

If Treyarch nerf the SMGs instead of buffing the AR, then we will end up with another BO1 where all the guns where boring.

Level 9

in reply to danielbondnz

They don't feel weaker, they feel stronger. A lot stronger. I think it's to do with their capability for penetration.

Level 2

Because the game devs are stupid.

Level 61

Studios