Why am i good at FFA and suck at all the team based game modes?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why am i good at FFA and suck at all the team based game modes?

in reply to SP_6711

SP 671 wrote:

I find FFA to be much easier than TDM.  I think it's because you don't have to worry about the burden of teammates.  Sure some players can carry teams but bad teammates can really impact your game despite your best efforts. 

In FFA you don't have to worry about teammates feeding the enemy scorestreaks, giving away your position, etc.

In FFA all of your enemies are feeding each other or the the enemy, so it is just the same as team mates feeding the enemy.

Level 15

in reply to COD_WIDOW

True but you, yourself are a factor in that.  A bad player in TDM, who is a teammate, you can't really do anything about...a bad player in FFA will just be fodder for everyone.

Not to mention, the scorestreaks this bad player gives only impact 1 player in FFA. As opposed to TDM, where this one bad player gives up a UAV and then the entire enemy team is now at an advantage and his whole team is at a disadvantage. 

I don't even bother shooting down UAVs in FFA because I know it's just one guy who can see me as opposed to TDM where it's now 6 players that can see me.

Level 4

in reply to SP_6711

SP 671 wrote:

True but you, yourself are a factor in that.  A bad player in TDM, who is a teammate, you can't really do anything about...a bad player in FFA will just be fodder for everyone.

Not to mention, the scorestreaks this bad player gives only impact 1 player in FFA. As opposed to TDM, where this one bad player gives up a UAV and then the entire enemy team is now at an advantage and his whole team is at a disadvantage. 

I don't even bother shooting down UAVs in FFA because I know it's just one guy who can see me as opposed to TDM where it's now 6 players that can see me.

This is all true enough.

I guess it is better to only have 1 guy enjoying a VSAT than a team of guys.

Level 15
Highlighted

in reply to RexxCastle

I'm going to assume in FFA you hunt spawns all game.

Level 32

in reply to RexxCastle

Because you are not team player

Level 7

in reply to RexxCastle

I mainly play FFA and only occasionally play team games, and I also tend to suck at team games on the PS3 version, but not so much on the Xbox 360 version.

I believe that the greater number of players increases the lag. I tried to take part in the clan op last weekend on PS3 and was only able to get 1 kill in 3 games before I called it quits. Even FFA was laggy that day as well. Wasn't so bad on the 360, but still more lag in team games than FFA.

Level 8

Studios