Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why Treyarch Did The Right Thing With Lag Compensation

in reply to Bulletmunc

But what you are failing to recognise here is those of us who have medioca internet speed, who DONT pay to win, yet still have this problem... Black Ops 1 after six weeks had already made $1 billion in sales. These companies have all the money in the world to PREVENT issues like this. you speak about servers right? well surly a business that sells over 25 million copies of the game world wide can afford to pay for the highest grade servers. ultimately Treyach, Activision, IW and slegehammer games WANT you to enjoy the game, so why am I, and THOUSANDS of people around the world not enjoying it? because something tha is meant to help with lag, only adds to it. Not everyone here cares about there K/D or play to win. some people just want to have fun with the game THEY spent THEIR money on.

Level 1

in reply to Bulletmunc

How come the people who support the lag comp always write the worst posts?  I hate to bring out the intelligence factor here but sometimes it becomes unavoidable when I read things like this.

Level 11
Highlighted

in reply to SheSaidNo

Holy shit OP really needs a job, sits there typing out a freaking speech and probably think he's the shit and badass, well no your not, your more broken then the game is. NOW PICK UP THE FREAKING PIECES!

Level 6

in reply to Bulletmunc

lag compensation is a joke, i should not be punished because i work hard  to pay for something other than 20 doller a month dsl. you clearly have shit internet and are on the good side of lag compensation, if i round a corner unharmed i dont expect james mcavoy  to pop out and curve this kids bullets into my face that is wrong and defeats the entire purpose of what they were trying to achieve with lag comp, its a harsh truth but the people with shit internet need to stick to party games or skyrim, also if the point of gaming isnt to win why the  hell is there a scoreboard , why isnt every game just all of us throwing pillows and rainbows at each other

Level 2

in reply to IMSOBAWSome

No you shouldn't be punished, but you shouldn't be given the upper hand either.

Level 9

in reply to RoeParcRanger

I agree.  I am not looking for an advantage I would just like to be put on an equal footing. 

I know I am not going to win every battle but I would like to win some of them. 

Its hard to have confidence that you can defend or hold an area when everytime you encounter an enemy it is a toss up if your bullets are going to register or not.

People pay for the better internet because they want a smooth and fair experience.

I will also say that I spent the week before the Blops 2 launch playing Halo 4 and had no problems. 

My solution for now is to play Halo 4. 

Level 6

in reply to IMSOBAWSome

I don't have DSL sorry, if you look further up in the post you can clearly see I'm in the top 1% of US internet speeds.

But cry more.

Level 3

in reply to Bulletmunc

We really need a Dislike button on these forums.

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4251/dislike11.jpg

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

So because I pay for my fibre optic @ 78down 10up I should be made to suffer ?

The lag comp is complete bullshit , the reason I pay extra for a fast connection is so I can have a smooth gaming experience.

Because certain people have poor connections, doesn't mean I should have to suffer .

It's hardly my fault

Level 2

in reply to zo0M3rz

First of all, if you're paying for FIOS or whatever Fiber tech internet speed for online gaming, then you're either stupid or easily misinformed.

Xbox Live's data cap is 256kbps, and once you go under 50ms ping time to whoever is host, then the rest of that bandwidth is useless and not being used.

Level 3

Studios