Why I feel the wildcard system has failed.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why I feel the wildcard system has failed.

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Apart from a few perks I agree. The awareness perk is underpowered needs beefed up imo hard wired is also a very weak perk but other than that i agree!

Level 2

in reply to Madzuk

I have never had a use for Hard wired... but in the modes I play never really see any EMPs.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I have never had a use for Hard wired... but in the modes I play never really see any EMPs.

The only way I would ever consider Hrdwired is if it made your equipment and scorestreaks immune to EMPs as well, but I doubt that is the case.

Level 15

I agree.

I really would have liked to see streaks by class (pick 13).  That way we could choose not to take streaks and pick and extra perk, equipment or attachment. 

I would also like a 4th attachment.  Given that I need to use the stock if I want to use ghost so I can ADS with my AR I feel that an extra attachment is in order.

I should not need to use 6 points just to make 1 underpowered perk somewhat work. 

Level 6

Good post. I see where you are coming from, but in my experience I literally cannot do a thing without Ghost right now. Doing art of war is giving me nighmares!

My game simply follows the pattern of 'be advised - hostile uAV...', die in my next encounter - rinse and repeat.

My lag is so bad that I can't win a gunfight when an enemy knows 'roughly' where I am, sad but true. The only time I get a game that I feel is respectable is when I'm able to flank with Ghost and play sneaky.

The uAV spamming contributes to this, but I've never found this problem in previous games - in fact enemy uAV's simply meant more kills for me as people came looking.

I may change my opinion if my lag problems are ever fixed, I'm sure they are the cause of most of my complaints.

Level 3

in reply to Sarnsereg

TBH the pick 10 is one of my favourite changes. It seems balanced enough to me but it'll depend what game mode you play and what style of play you run with, what you pick. The only thing that can get in your way of choices is how the enemy players pick theirs.

You can pick 4 perks and a gun with 2 attachments and a lethal and tactical, more than enough. You want a secondary then lose an attachment.

Level 16

in reply to Sarnsereg

Lets go with a system where what you want is true.

Primary, two attachments, perk 1, 2 and 3, perk 3 greed 1 greed and primary gunfighter and a secondary.

You don't think this is somehow overpowered? or a knife class running around with 6 perks, 1 lethal and two tactical grenades? Its balancing it out, it would be idiotic to allow people to run around with 3 attachments, 6 perks and still have a secondary weapon or grenades in one form or another.

It does suck yeah but that's just people getting used to the changes, there are still a very LARGE amount of customization available in this current system and I still feel like I need more classes and I have 9 so far, I love it and it's interesting finding the right combination of things for what I desire, It also allows me to make all kinds of crazy and silly classes, the one thing I do wish is that I could have a Crossbow and Ballistic knives together so I can run around with a makeshift "sticks and stones" class, but they are both secondary weapons =(.

Level 6

in reply to Sarnsereg

I would add re: the lack of a secondary to shoot things down- my wife was always the "anti-aircraft," person on our teams as she's a supportive player by nature. She's found in BO2 that there are just too many UAV's out there and the maps are just too small to get clean lock-on shots without getting killed or being very useful as a thing to do.

Level 4

in reply to GlowNTheDark

My Anti-Air class consists of MTAR with a Silencer, Ghost, Blind Eye, Cold Blooded, Engineer, FHJ-AA and two Black Hats.

I love it <3, also I only have trouble finding UAV's on a couple of maps but that's due to where you spawn, it once spawned me on Overflow in the far corner surrounded by alleys... I was like "wtf is this", but I did get it eventually.

Level 6

in reply to Sarnsereg

The pick 10 system is great. Just plain great.

It force the player to adapt to the lobby he is playing with, and to change class mid-game.

My create-a-class slot all serve a different strategic purpose.

If i get into a lobby and get killed by claymore, betty, shockcharge,  i equip a class with engineerand a black hat. That will teach them .

If those are not really used that time around, I'll be happy to use my class with dexterity instead.

If its raining grenades, a class with flak jacket. No one is using grenades? Hardline then!

lots of UAV? a class with lauchers.

Way too much uav? My class with ghost/lightweight/dexterity/extremeconditioning and a SMG with a silencer

LMG'S with target finders are mowing me down? my sneaky cold blooded class!

The opposing team have the habit of sticking together? I make sure to have a weapon with either fast mag or extended mag, to do double or triple kills.

Observe, adapt, readapt.

Level 5

Studios