Why EMP grenades have no place in this Call of Duty.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Why EMP grenades have no place in this Call of Duty.

in reply to Doobomb

I find the EMP Grenade effective. It can disable weapon sights as well as any other electronic device.

Level 2

in reply to Doobomb

Doobomb wrote:

I acknowledge the fact that is helpful in disabling killsteaks. That in it of itself is helpful; however, the blackhat does that same thing. This grenade shouldn't be capable of so much.

Black Hat PDAs don't destroy Hunter Killer Drones, or at least are too difficult to hack.  EMP grenades also save you from a thrown C4 if you throw an EMP grenade correctly to protect you.  You can run Flak Jacket but if you need the 50 points or whatever it is, then if you can take it then why not.

Level 31

in reply to Doobomb

The only reason I use EMPs is to see if an enemy is somewhere. Since it goes through walls, I can tell whether or not to run through a doorway that could have an enemy camping outside of it.

Level 22

in reply to Doobomb

Doobomb wrote:

.....but they also interrupt a sprinting enemy player, momentarily flash the affected enemy's screen, and disable enemies from calling in killstreaks.

You know the Hardwired perk counters the above?

Should the player use EMP Grenades excessively, Hard Wired can be a good fit; in a similar fashion to using Tactical Mask with Flashbangs and Concussion Grenades, the EMP effect to the player is absent, as the player's HUD and electronics remain normal while still destroying nearby enemy equipment and disabling enemies' HUDs effectively.

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Hard_Wired

Level 51

in reply to Doobomb

I hate EMP grenades as much as anyone else, but they have their place. I was running a class today just to troll/camp people, with the remington, a riot shield that I would place facing the entrance of the room, 2 trophy systems, and shock charges. If there weren't EMP grenades there would be no counter to this, you can only carry 2 blackhats. I just ran scavenger though and picked up more trophy systems and shock charges as I killed people though.

Level 1

in reply to Nelson100

Sounds like you're doing THE WORM SQUIRM!!!!

Level 1

in reply to Doobomb

What a cry baby.  Hardwired stfu

Level 1

in reply to Doobomb

Another EMP complaint that has no merit. I play every game without a HUD, and most of my classes have iron sights or a normal sniper scope, EMP nades don't affect me at all. Adapt.

Level 25

in reply to Doobomb

I wouldn't go as far as to say the EMP grenade has no place in COD, but it is a little bit overpowered. I'll say right off the bat that I use them all the time. When the enemy busts out with a guardian or an AGR... It's EMP time! I think that's the part that may be a little OP. Someone put a little scorestreak together, and here I come and just chuck one EMP at it, and it's gone.

EMPs, however, do help control campers. I can't stand the camping playstyle, so anything that helps combat campers gets the ok from me.

EMPs also help curb the use of Tactical Inserts. TIs are used by campers, but they're also used by run-n-gunners who constantly rush the spawn and just start taking over. That's how I use the Tactical Insert and my score definitely takes a hit when the enemy is lobbing EMP grenades and they keep destroying my Tactical Insert.

Level 21

in reply to r8edtripx

r8edtripx wrote:

I wouldn't go as far as to say the EMP grenade has no place in COD, but it is a little bit overpowered. I'll say right off the bat that I use them all the time. When the enemy busts out with a guardian or an AGR... It's EMP time! I think that's the part that may be a little OP. Someone put a little scorestreak together, and here I come and just chuck one EMP at it, and it's gone.

EMPs, however, do help control campers. I can't stand the camping playstyle, so anything that helps combat campers gets the ok from me.

EMPs also help curb the use of Tactical Inserts. TIs are used by campers, but they're also used by run-n-gunners who constantly rush the spawn and just start taking over. That's how I use the Tactical Insert and my score definitely takes a hit when the enemy is lobbing EMP grenades and they keep destroying my Tactical Insert.

Perhaps but you need to have the EMP grenades equipped to start off with.  If nobody does then the streaks have time to do some work until someone dies and respawns with EMP grenades being equipped.  I wouldn't want the game where,essentially, the first to x streak dominates the match.  I can understand streaks that aren't low level not being productive enough.  I've been there myself with the Warthog and perhaps the Stealth Chopper (I play TDM so these are harder to get than most other game modes).

Level 31

Studios