Where are all the positive players?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Where are all the positive players?

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Level 1

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I think what's worse is if you could look at the whole gaming community the win to loss ratio is probably something like 30/70 because of how they dish out losses for people quitting out, joining a game that's on the verge of losing, getting booted out, or someone dashboarding. 

By definition, if someone loses then someone needs to be the winner.  It should be 50/50.  But I guess the devs like having losers play their game.

I gave up on their stats a long time ago.  They don't reflect anything anymore.

Level 11

in reply to TheSurgeon83

All the 2+ kd guys I play with, myself included are just bored with the game, I dont think the really good players bother playing BO2 much. The odd time I do play, I rarely see any players with a 2 KD.

Level 2

in reply to TheSurgeon83

unfortunately for me, the positive players are always in my lobby.  I am an old man playing a young mans game (it is fun, though).  I am one of those guys with the .85 K/D ratio.   I struggle against good players but am learning and getting better little by little.  started by camping when i was terrible, now becoming a little more of a rusher.  I am sure that the good players in my lobby are happy I am there.  I am a K/D-raising machine

Level 10

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I noticed in BOPs2 that a lot of my clan members don't care about kd anymore. I think it's because of the new reward system. Everyone now seems to play the objective at hand and not be a kill whore for kill streak rewards. Being rewarded for capturing flags, hard point or even destroying enemy equiptment can be more rewarding than just running around shooting everyone. But your going to die a lot more trying to capture flags or defending them ect. Hahaha some of the guys hate the new system because they can't just be kill whores and end up on top.

Level 4

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Yes skill based matchmaking is in here. You said yourself that you have a 1.60ish K/D and a 250ish SPM. If you are getting paired up with 1.00-1.50 players with similar SPM. Then it is working fine.

I play everynight and constantly see 1.80-2.50 k/d players and many with 400+ SPM. I roll with with a full team and we consistently get paired with our equals.

Level 38

in reply to codchamp1

That's my TDM stats, but I'm getting put in with people as low as 0.30 and low 100 SPM, which seems odd. That's playing solo as well, not partying up with players of lesser stats.

Level 16
Highlighted

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Honestly, I give very little credence to those statistics as they can be skewed by connection and cheaters.

Best bet is to just go with it and enjoy the kills when you get them. If your play experience is anything like mine you are getting a number of matches where your kills are half what you expect them to be due to weird gameplay issues, so the ones where you just dominate will ballance those out. I wish I had more of those matches and fewer of the ones where I go 5/20 becauyse my bullets appear to be phase shifted or i die before the preson who killed me ever appears to fire their gun or come around the corner.

Level 1

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I have a 3.0 K/D, 450 spm and I have never dashboarded.

My background is in competitive halo (mlg) and I have always found CoD very easy in comparison.

The reason so many people have seen their K/D's drop is not due to lag/lag comp.  it is because the maps in black ops 2 are small and the game design is unforgiving.  Previous CoDs had mechanisms that prevented good players/teams from completely dominating the less talented (through map design/other mechanisms).  Black ops 2 has largely removed the safety nets that less skilled players relied on to stay alive and get kills.

There is a reasoning why the competitive scene is loving this game...

Level 1

in reply to Sitdownbia

who in the competitive scene is loving it exactly ?

Level 9

Studios