What type of connection do you play Black Ops 2 on?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

What type of connection do you play Black Ops 2 on?

Hello fellow Xbox gamers, wondering what type of connection you guys use to play on (Fiber to the Home, Cable, DSL) and what type of experience you have playing Black Ops 2 online with your connection. 

I have Fiber to the Home (OptiNet) 110Mbps Down / 20Mbps Up hardwired to router then to ONT ------> My experience playing BO2 online varies from day to day due to the lag comp.

Level 1
25 REPLIES

Re: What type of connection do you play Black Ops 2 on?

in reply to Deltafarce2

Fibre (TTC).

80down/20up on BT Infinity - might as well not even bother.

Played CoD4 last night, a 5 year old game, and had a far better experience than I've had in 3 months of playing BlOps2.

Level 4

in reply to Bester19761

Same here. Cod4 plays better than BO2.

Anyhow, i have cable, 50down, 10 up, the game lags A LOT. I always have a 4 bar but it is still LAGGY. I have COMCAST. 15-20ping.

Level 12

in reply to Deltafarce2

25 down 5 up, 18-20 ping from my home (Virginia) to San Diego, CA. Wired connection from my router to my console and I had no issues at launch, then with every update it got worse. I had my provider come and swap my cables out (not very tech savvy so I have no ideas what type of wiring I have) but I have no issues of being behind and see lag maybe once or twice in a 2-3 hour session and is very minimal. Oh yea, Cox Communications is my provider.

Level 9

in reply to Deltafarce2

I play from my office on a 45/45 DS3 or from home on a 100/5 cable.

Performance is a crapshoot.  Some days it's playable, others it's just garbage.   It's never perfect and even when it seems good, I can tell that it's bad for others in the lobby from the crying and quitting.

I dont know what the deal is, but none of the other CoDs give me enough grief to complain so it's definately something going on with the matchmaking or some other factor.

Level 17

in reply to Deltafarce2

I play on the worst connection possiable Just like everyone else in this game.

Level 2
Highlighted

in reply to Deltafarce2

I have Verizon Fios Fiber optic. 150 download / 65 upload and i can tell you it lags like i am playing with dialup.

Level 38

in reply to Deltafarce2

50 down 5 up time warner cable. hard wired, port triggered. 8 out of 10 games will be good, other 2 is complete lag comp for the other team. imo, there is an  over compensation. along with spawn and match making errors in the netcode. but this is just how it is...

Level 3

in reply to Deltafarce2

I have Cable, 30 down, 3 up. (Virgin Media love their 10:1 ratio).

My gameplay is completely unpredictable. Rubbish day in day out then right when I'm about to open my window and convert it from a game into a frisbee, I'll get 2 or 3 good games. I never end my session on a high - it always gets worse again so I end up angry haha.

I've tried everything in terms of routing settings (including straight to modem with routing off), too much to list. The only time it seems to get a little better in terms of being able to win gunfights (but with other parts of my game messed up) is when my NAT is strict. I'm assuming this has something to do with hosting.

The fact people are commenting here using work connections with direct fibre straight to ISP shows our connections are nothing to do with it.  Plus the fact the official guidelines recommend 768kbps (what I had 6 years ago) should prove that point.

I'm thinking there's a big horrible combination of lag comp, messed up hit boxes, a fixed delay even in zero ping situations (local) where players still see each other at different times and a really messed up camera position that has turned this game to cabbage. I'm just poking around now and then to see if they can actually fix it.

Level 3

in reply to Deltafarce2

I am in Australia so we get crap connections to start with I normaly get around 8-12M down and around 0.8 up,

The other day I hit my data limit and my speed was dropped back to dial up speed , prob worse than dial up around 28kbps strangly my game play improved, the game played a lot more fluidly and I still maintained a 4 bar connection and hosted several games

I am starting to question if the 4 bars have any true meaning in this game in relation to connection speed

too be able maintain a 4 bar connection when I was forced back to 28kbps does not make any sense my internet was rendered useless I took google around 1-2min to complete a search and other web site would not even load just timed out but black ops still played ok go figure 

Level 1

Studios