What is the real problem with Black Ops 2, matchmaking, lag or lag comp or broken cameras?

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is the real problem with Black Ops 2, matchmaking, lag or lag comp?

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

It's matchmaking, host selection, and host disadvantage for good (low ping, high bandwidth) hosts. The reason Treyarch had to expand host selection is due to good hosts leaving the game for good or finding ways to avoid host (for example live streaming youtube will stop you from getting the host spot even if it shows "stopped") because the game places a good host around 500ms behind the rest of the lobby.

Level 21

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

Spawns are the only problem I have atm.

Level 25

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

the community who play it partakes in many issues of this game.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

What lag?  Does it really effect your game that much to publicly complain about it?

For me the game plays great, it actually plays amazing, much better than MW3.

Level 47

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

The matchmaking is pretty bad sometimes, but it's only really apparent to me during DBL XP. I played one the other day where host migrated to me in game, I couldn't beat the lag, backed out, came back in and it migrated back to me. That's 4 migrations in one game.

To those with clunky internet I understand that might be the best you can get, but I will still rage. Another thing about high bandwidth connections and speed. Yes this game does use low bandwidth, but high bandwidth connections keep a stable ping because their dl/ul don't become saturated easily. I've run ping -t while 7 YouTube videos were playing with little difference to my ping. I highly doubt someone on DSL could do that.

Level 9

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

The answers are matchmaking and lag comp.

Both are executed poorly in this game. 

Why can't the devs get the lag comp equation right?  How stupid is it to make the host behind everyone.  I'm sure the sunshine pumpers on this board will disagree, but I don't think the devs are very good.   

I'm betting the people who don't suffer from these issues have low end DSL.

Level 3

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

LoL I just btfo of a game where everyone, but the host was either 3 or 2 barred. LoL really 3arch you couldn't do better than that?

Level 9

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

DuskyRodrig0 wrote:

What is the real problem with Black Ops 2, matchmaking, lag or lag comp?

For me, one of the main problems of this game is not lag or lag comp, for me the biggest mistake of 3arch in this game is MATCHMAKING.

Matchmaking has been done poorly in this game, it is not possible to have all Europe in the same lobby and expect good results ....

Leave your opinion!

Good day and good games for everyone!!

well heres the thing. You guys say mistake but I honestly dont feel its that big of a mistake. Sorry but From where I live Im being connected to people from all over the country anyways. It happens in most games not just in CoD. Hell just earlier I was playing Dota 2 With russains... my search preferences in that game are set to the US only. In halo 3 I sometimes got japanese players o.o.

Could the system be refined? yes, and thats exactly what they try to do throughout the lifespan of a game.

Now that being said, I have no real Idea what the connections are like over in europe or other parts of the world. But if its matching you in lobbies where everyone/ majority are 3 bars and above, then the system is working quite well. And no its not always possible to find people from your area. infact its fairly difficult unless you dont mind seeing the same 5-6 guys all the time.

Level 45
Highlighted

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

The real problem is people with crap connections.

I have a mate who always complains about the lag when the game is playing well for me. Finally got him to do a ping test last night and guess what? It was bouncing between 75-130 ms to the same server with each test.

No wonder people complain about lag.

Level 16

in reply to DuskyRodrig0

I do agree about lobbies full of people from all over Europe never working.

I live in the UK and I'm constantly put into lobbies with people from France,Germany,Spain,Italy,Sweden,Denmark(that is actually a lobby I was once put into ) and the games are just god awful. And it usually picks a French host.

Yet as soon as I'm in a lobby with mainly players from the UK with a host from the UK then the game plays fine.

Level 30

Studios