What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I only play HCKC so my opinion will be based on that solely. I have a 1.70. 383 spm, I'm usually in the top 4 when it comes to spm in hckc. What I've noticed about people above me, guys with over 400 spam is that they use A LOT of emp nades, which can boost your spm greatly.

Level 9

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I only play HC Dom, and since none of my friends like HC, I roll solo. I'm managing 2.46 K/D with a 384 SPM, so I think i'm doing decent. I only have a 2.60 W/L because I get matched up with retards.

Level 22

in reply to TheSurgeon83

There are two ways to play this game when it comes to KDR you got your rushers for, which you need very good connection/luck and then you have your campers who pick people up and won't get screwed over by connection as much as rushers.

I was forced into a middle ground of the two and become very efficent at it. My KD right now in HCTDM is a 1.8 with a 250 SPM, which I consider very good as I don't run into many people with higher KD's in public rooms.

Knowing the maps choke points, limitations of your guns, and classes is about 60% of this game.

Level 2

BC87 wrote:

There are two ways to play this game when it comes to KDR you got your rushers for, which you need very good connection/luck and then you have your campers who pick people up and won't get screwed over by connection as much as rushers.

I was forced into a middle ground of the two and become very efficent at it. My KD right now in HCTDM is a 1.8 with a 250 SPM, which I consider very good as I don't run into many people with higher KD's in public rooms.

Knowing the maps choke points, limitations of your guns, and classes is about 60% of this game.

nice post. the other 40% is 30% figuring out what they are upto, and 10% figuring out how to kill them

Level 45

That's pretty much my playstyle, rush a bit, hang back a bit. I've been running UAV / Counter / VSAT a bit as well and I destroy a lot if scorestreaks and equipment, my HCTDM SPM is 345 ATM I think, pretty please with that.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

K.D is only a reflection of play settings. YOU are only as good as the team you role with..

That being said you can go 60-5 and chalk up the loss to (i owned but the random donkeys i played with sucked)..wich is my usual train of thought but the truth of the matter is i was probably more concerned with getting my loadstar, k-9, swarm than pulling the W for my team.

That being said, i have  a 1.46 k/d. im usually the guy ripping the opponents team to shreds. I dont camp.  I run and gun to my given destination were i pick off 2-3 kills and move on to my next objective.

After playing the game enough or using the elite app you will know were high densiity traffic is located

and how to effectively negate your enemies encroachment. This being said...in the lobby pre-game you can check your opponents stats giving you idea of there type of play style. Generally anything above a 1.2 kd will be a defensive player. In other words if you were playing domination he will generally cap the first flag and be located around that given position. If you choose to listen to the other forum posters here so be it but how often do you see a 2.0--3.0kd in a random lobby/ not to often my friend.. k.d is merely a reflection of play-style and teamates..but if you had to sum it up in a random lobby i would be gunning for the guy with a 1.2+ k.d. i know that guy knows the game and the objective and thats were i want my bullets to land.

Level 3

in reply to TheSurgeon83

K/D doesn't have much importance to me.  SPM, on the other hand, is something I feel proud of because it's mostly achieved by objective pursuits (and mine is often the highest on the lobby leaderboards). 

When I acquire teammates, I would rather they have a specific amount of SPM and determination towards the objective.  With that being said, I invite as many friends as possible so I can avoid random teammates (and split-screeners) who end up going 2-56 with no objectives pursued.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Level 52

Studios