What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

in reply to Maccabi

We may be idiots, but we go for the objectives.

Level 22

in reply to TheSurgeon83

SPM is hard to judge because there is a very wide adjustment say from HCTDM to Hardpoint. Mode based SPM and K/D is what matters. In HCTDM a VERY good SPM is around 200-225, while in HC CTF the lower side of SPM is around 225. All you get score for in TDM are kills, so if a game goes 10 minutes and a guy has 20 kills, its a 200 SPM.

Level 34
Highlighted

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Crap/Average KD = 1.00

Good KD = 1.50ish

Very good KD = 1.75ish - 1.9

Great KD = 2.0 +

SPM - purely based on what you play. TDM Score per minute for example, will always be lower than any other game mode.

But on average - Great SPM = 400+

Level 18

in reply to TheSurgeon83

K/D - 2.20

SPM - 314

W/L - 67%

Only play Team Deathmatch and Kill Confirmed, is this good or bad?

Level 1

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Stat baselines need to be given for each game type. That's why lobby leaderboard is the best way to see the competition.

A high SPM means you're dealing with a rusher.

High KSmiley Very Happy ratio usually means somebody that is going to play the game soft, and try to keep a distance between you and him. (camping, headglitching, ect).

You need to account for all stats together in a CERTAIN GAMETYPE to see how they will play against you. Doing this, I can generally guess how each person on the other team will play before the game starts.

Level 8

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I enjoyed the Cod4 and MW2 style stats the best. Shows your K/D, aggregate stats and overall ranking based on total score. That is the best way.  SPM is silly and not an accurate representation overall of how well a player plays.

Level 2

in reply to anahum1

I agree to a point. I feel w/l has to be in there as well. Far to many people go into objective games like Demo and just run away from the objective and kill farm their way to good k/d SPM. They can give a shit less about the win. These people make me laugh.

If I check the leader boards and see a guy with 400+ SPM in Demo I then check his Kills/Plants/Defuses. That tells me if he is truely good or not. If they have little to no plants/defuses then I know what to watch out for. They usually leave because we are on to them and call him out at every turn. Kill farmers hate to go negative. lol

Level 22

in reply to TheSurgeon83

They made this game specifically stated how its a TEAM game, so maybe you don't get a bunch of kills, you can be rewarded for assists and other things, so its not based all on getting kills and having a great K/D. K/D shouldnt matter, neither does SPM. just sayin play how u want and enjoy the game

Level 8

in reply to TheSurgeon83

It has to be looked at in a bigger picture. You can't simply throw numbers out and say if they are good... or bad.

K/D is pretty obvious, typically, even in game modes where killing isn't the primary objective... you want to die less than you kill. Though folks who play objective modes and go hard after the objective may suffer in this area.... the better players still manage to go after the objective while remaining positive. I am always leary of Uber-high K/Ds as they can be manipulated through Dashboarding or ignoring objectives... so they don't impress me much.

SPM is a factor of the game modes a player prefers. Someone who plays TDM exclusively is likely to have a lower SPM than someone who plays DOM or Search or something in which score can be earned through objectives.

For example, I play TDM only. My KD hovers around 1.57 as I tend to move around a lot. It's HC, so I am also prone to taking a fair amount of deaths as well. My current SPM is about 280. Some may not think that is very good (I won't judge myself as a player as I pretty much see it as I am only as good as my last game), but I can tell you that with those numbers I am typically at the top, or near the top, of pretty much every HC TDM lobby  leaderboard I play in. I've lost to players with worse numbers and beaten players with much higher numbers.... and vice versa.

It really is all subjective. There is no right or wrong answer to be found. My advice to you would be to just track it for yourself. Monitor your progress. If the numbers are climbing see what you are doing right... if they are dropping look at your game and see what you may need to change.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I'd love to have those stats lol my k/d is like .72 SPM is like 190? lol, but again, the end of the day i enjoy it, granted I've been trying to get the SMR gold lol 5 more bt's then i can go back to my regular guns, but then again that probably won't matter much lol

Level 8

Studios