What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Mine is 1.15

I rush hard. Also it's not a kid thing to look at spm.. I have a ten year old family friend who sucks at cod and played 1 game of FFA and he somehow went 27-9 and his spm is like 700 now and now he is ranked top 8000 in the world lmao and he thinks he's te best now haha I just have to smh. Because he won't get play FFA again becuse if he does he will obviously loose his rank. The more time played the lower your spm will be it takes time for it to even out. Mine at around 350-400 and I have 3 days played I think? I'm sixth prestige.

Level 12

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I think SPM is dependent on the game you play. KSmiley Very Happy is dependent on your style of play.

I play HC CTF I am our mid player I have a 1.8 KSmiley Very Happy and an SMP of 376

Level 18

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I consider myself a above average player most of the time, holding a 1.4 K/D and 350 SPM. I play for the objective though, so I don't really care too much for K/D. Also, for me to continue having fun playing this with all of the lag issues etc, I have to mix it up a little with strange but fun classe

Some games I'll go negative trying to win, other times I slay, like my 94 - 4 game the other day. It just comes down to what YOU consider a good player.

Level 3

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Keeping above 1.0 and helping your team win is good. TDM with wannabe rushers who go 10-16 are the ones who lose the match for the team. If you're getting shot up, stop rushing and lockdown an area with your squad. Its not camping, it's strategy. Thats how me and my bros do it.

Level 27

in reply to Restore_Hardcore

RestoreHardcore said:

Keeping above 1.0 and helping your team win is good. TDM with wannabe rushers who go 10-16 are the ones who lose the match for the team. If you're getting shot up, stop rushing and lockdown an area with your squad. Its not camping, it's strategy. Thats how me and my bros do it.

As someone who plays 90% TDM these days, I'd just like to reiterate this point.  If you're rushing and below 1 kdr, you're not very good at it.  Knock it off and come help us win.  Yeah, yeah, it's their $8/month but whatever frag that and come help us win anyway ya wankers.

Level 8

in reply to CurliestRogue0

I also agree on this point. Some kid kept running blindly back round the corner at me going for a revenge kill so I stayed put (out in the open by the way, standing next to a car) and he just kept spawning and running back, over and over. His message said I should be running around looking for the enemy, as that's the point of TDM. I explained that the idea is actually to kill more times than you die to win. That went right over his head in a fit of screaming hysterics.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

SPM is all that matters.

average SPM is in the 300's

Level 18

in reply to TheSurgeon83

According to Elite, I have a 1.04 and SPM of 278.

I  play a lot of domination, so I die a lot because I am obsessed with B and rushing.   I also play a lot of KC, and Im not sure how that affects your SPM.

I usually get at least top 3, so I guess that would be about an average score.

Level 17

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Average player would be somewhere around 1.25 k/d and 250 SPM. SPM though does NOT reflect your camping habits as depicted earlier. You can achieve a beastly SPM from camping and calling streaks that devastate the other team. I don't get how people equate SPM=movement. From 90% of all high kill videos I have watched, it was achieved through running a very small route in one particular area of the map. They were not rushing a full on assault on the opposing spawn, they were small area camping with minimal movement.

Long story short, these stats are really just the broad strokes to give you a general idea of playstyles. No stat will truly be player defining as you get better/worse with time and your stats may not immediately reflect that change in you gameplay. When I started MW3, my k/d was in the garbage. I learned the system/maps and became a much better player yet my k/d was around .7. I would get into games and completely destroy people sometimes. So don't put too much stock into the stats. It doesn't really mean a lot.

Level 18

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I always thought that win/loss and win streaks were the most important stat to look at.  When you see people with 1500, 100 or 500 wins in a row you know these groups are organized and are going to be tough competition.

All stats are and can be misleading. 

Given all the people that quit matches and how the system gives you a loss when the other team dashboards all statistics are essentially useless in this game.  Also, the stats don't take into account when you are playing with a team and when you are playing with randoms. 

For instance a player might be a 3 k/d, 350-400 SPM 95% win ratio player when playing with a full team but a 1.5 k/d, 280 SPM, 40% win ratio player when playing with randoms.  If that player plays on his own with randoms more often say 80% of the time than naturally he or she is going to have lower stats.  It does not make them a worse player it just means that he or she is better as part of a team. 

I guess the way to gauge what level player you are would be to play league play and see where you rank.  If you rank in the top divisions you are a good player, if you rank in the lower divisions you are average to poor.

Level 6

Studios