What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What is considered a good / above average KDR / SPM?

in reply to Maccabi

Drop them yourself and base your facts on that. Yes i have overlaped my streaks once or twice. But you don't understand that 80% of the lobbys i drop those streaks on they backout or dashboard after which gives the winning team a loss.

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to icadle1

It's a Swarm not a Sworm.

Also, cycling streaks is a doddle, I feel a bit cheap doing it but I can go through chopper-warthog-dogs 3 times in a game if I get going early. I don't always try or want to earn them though, I like to play around with different guns and setups as opposed to all out tryhard all the time.

Level 16

in reply to icadle1

"So you're saying someone with a 3.0 is bad?"

It depends the context. Nobody is impressed with a camper who goes 50-6 on kill confirmed with 0 confirms. Helped the team not at all if the kills were denied, for example.

Level 4

in reply to Maccabi

K/D is one of the most important stats (not on this game) given all the problems (lag, spawn killing, bad spawns, etc). 

If you are getting kills and streaks for that matter you are staying alive and supporting your team by makeing sure there are less enemies on the map to kill them.  As you stay alive and get kills you are rewarded for doing the right thing. Staying alive and getting kills.  I will not argue that this boosts your k/d it does but to get those streaks you had to do some stuff right.  Also, everyone has the same opportunity to use streaks, not everyone has the same ability to get those streaks. 

If you are dying (going very negative) you are padding the opposing teams streaks and making it more difficult to capture or defend objectives for your team.  You also are not helping your team control the map, which should always be the number 1 priortiy.  Every game is pretty simple.

1) Get kills

2) Control the map and where the enemy spawns

3) Capture any objectives

4) Use your slaying skills and map control to maintain the objectives

5) Continute to control the map by slaying and using streaks until the time expires

If you are respawning you can't control, capture or defend and objective and you are taken out of position.  You are of no use to your team.  Staying alive matters.  Getting kills matters. 

Level 6

in reply to icadle1

The reason K/D doesn't matter is because the lag makes the stats worthless. A good or bad K/D is pretty much mostly just a lag stat in COD.

Level 20

in reply to TheSurgeon83

Here's how I see it...  Take my last two games last night before bed (Domination is my game of choice):

Second to last game on Yemen:  11 Kills, 19 Deaths (.58 KDR) SPM=336 Here's the kicker though  14 captures, 2 defends, and a victory of 166 vs 160.  That one was sweet!!  I was the highest scorer with over 4000 points btw.

Last game was on Drone.  I went 20/19 with a KDR of 1.05.  SPM=255  I had 6 captures and 1 defend and we lost 126 vs 200.  I did well personally, but it doesn't mean much when we got stomped by a team that held most of the flags the second half of the game.

Which one would you have enjoyed more?  For me... the first was sweetness!!  The second was entertaining but ultimately disappointing!

Level 3

in reply to Meldwyn

That Yemen game sounds good, 14 captures! Think the most I've managed is 8/9. I used to like Domination, not keen on this 2 rounds thing and the B flag placements. The B flag should be hard to get but the amount of lines of sight onto them is just stupid, I never know where to face when capturing so just plonk myself down and hope for the best.

Level 16

in reply to TheSurgeon83

I have two different load outs for Domination.  I have named one the Run and Gun, where my main concern is kills and making sure I am picking off the snipers and other "camper/defenders" so that my team can advance and get B.

The other load out uses smoke grenades and the Millimeter scanner sight (affectionately named Smoke and Mirrors).  I concentrate on captures and defends while using this loadout.  I usually use one for the first half and the other for the second depending on how things are going.  However, if one is doing the job, it will be the loadout all game.

If you are having issues with captures, especially B, then create a loadout around smoke grenades, flak jacket, and maybe a bouncing betty or two.  You will find it a little easier to stay alive long enough to capture.

Good luck, and yes the 14 capture game was a lot of fun.  Didn't even know I had that many until the end of the match.  Was too busy trying to win because it was down to the wire in the final minute.

Level 3

in reply to TheSurgeon83

While there are exceptions to the rule as others have mentioned, I would say that anyone with a 1 kd or higher and a 200 SPM and up is at least a decent player and likely above average in BO2.  Someone more god like would be in the 1.5kd range with a 300+ SPM.  There are many factors which influence kd but to consistently manage both a high kd and a high SPM means that you have to be involved in the game and you have to have figured out quite a few solid tactics to keep those stats up there.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

That sounds about right to me, from what I've seen in lobbies and the games that follow it's people with those kind of stats that will do better for the most part. Not quite sure god like is quite the right term, I'd say that's more like someone with a 2+ K/D and 325/350+ SPM.

My K/D is 1.44 and SPM is 345, and I don't consider myself that great, good games and bad games, sometimes due to connection, sometimes I just get outplayed.

Level 16

Studios