What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

So I am reading some of the recent post's and complaints regarding Black Ops II. SO FAR (for me) Black Ops II is actually enjoyable. At this point I have a K/D of 1.2 and still climbing. I have not (YET) experienced any completely absurd and unexplainable incidents.....unlike MW3 where the absurd reached ludicrous levels on a daily basis. At one point this summer I decided to not dashboard 8 out of 10 games and see what happened. Despite having ping times of around 10-15ms at 500 miles in every direction, my K/D averaged .32. I did not turn red, I could not get out of the way, I could not return fire......camping, running and gunning.....no matter, just dead. Over and over and over. On many occasions, I was killed by players who were right in front of me ( according to killcam), but in realtime.....I never saw them. That has YET to happen while playing BO2, and I hope it stays that way. In my humble opinion (with all do respect to those who are not happy), I am getting the impression that some players are screaming mad because their K/D is below a 2.0. Am I just so beat down from MW3 that I am settling for less, or are some people expecting way too much? Again, I am absolutely not trying to piss people off, and I am by no means an online gaming guru.....but is a K/D that's under 2.0 really that bad?  

Level 1
33 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What is an acceptable K/D.......to you?

in reply to DrKillcut2

I just like to stay positive and have fun. I try to keep mine over 1. I challenge myself a lot, try different weapons, and play within the spirit of the game.

K/D can be manipulated, not as much so in this game. Just have fun and play your way.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to DrKillcut2

I agree with drew, as long as you're 1+ you're not being a burden on your team, having that said, I feel alot of people have unnecessary hardons for KD and refuse to look at the bigger picture stat wise. I for one would much rather have a guy with a straight 1.00 KD and plays the objective, than a guy who sits back and farms kills for a 3.00+  I'm not a pro gamer, but I do score consistently high on the lobby leaderboards and my KD is only 1.5 something overall, which i may add is typical and is about what I do overall in the past three COD's (I sucked real bad when I played COD4 and MW2.) I'll get in lobbies against guys with 2+ ratio's only to have them dashboard halfway through the match when they start getting wrecked on because they dont want to ruin their poor KD.

Level 1

in reply to TABCore

I agree. If someone has a 1 KD they are at least holding their own. In mw3 I held a 1.27 KD and I play the objective.

But in the end it is just a number in a video game, and shouldn't really be taken seriously at all.

Level 19

in reply to TABCore

You would rather have somebody with a 1.0 k/d who just rushes the objective than somebody who is going to easily get up killstreaks and make it sgnificantly easier to win? Are you really that delusional?

Level 2

in reply to oBLACKIE_CHANo

Delusional? You know this is just a video game right? None of it matters in the grand scheme of things.

Level 19

Ive been in SEVERAL games where the opposing team is just trying to stat-pad and I can honestly say they never win, killstreaks or no, if you're not playing the objective, you're not going to win. Period.

Level 1

in reply to DrKillcut2

Anything below 1.5 is pretty bad tbh, if you can't keep your k/d up you're going to be pretty useless to your team in any game mode.

Level 2

So someone with a .5 ratio and 6 caps in DOM is useless?

Level 1

in reply to TABCore

come on there is alwasy that game where somebody is camp happy and goes bonkers on your spawn site. I was playing the infamous Nuketown, and however it happen this guy had 162 kills...It was maddening

Level 2

Studios