What Lag Compensation does to People.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: What Lag Compensation does to People.

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Yeah well that's the idea. Treyarch is helping the casual players by creating more artificial lag for the better players. This prevents the casual players from getting raped every match, but frustrates better players because they feel they are being cheated....which they are.

This creates the perception that the game is suddenly more competitive with more skilled players, but it's obvious it really isn't. Not when people can mindlessly run past corners and kill someone who is waiting for them. The kill cam will make the corner camper look like he wasn't paying attention lol. In previous COD games for the rushing player would almost always have to pre-fire and strafe the corner to win out in that situation.

Level 1

in reply to Paddi

Its obvious you are several seconds in front of everyone else, i am surprised any of them got a kill. Great example of lag comp

Level 2

in reply to Paddi

If you want to know what lag comp does to people you should watch ELPRESADOR on youtube...he's about the only source for black ops 2.

Level 4

in reply to lagopz

Please, don't mention the big "youtuber" people. Most of them just make the community worse.

People like Whiteboy and Tmartn.

Level 9

in reply to Paddi

okay dont want to sound rude, but all I really see is you missing at the start and then blaming lag compensation. go back and actually watch your aim carefully. alot of the times you died, you were trying to drop shot and the guy outstrafed you. or in another instance you dropshotted while spinning, not actually aiming at the dude but merely raking it across him which is not a gaurentee of anything.

about one minute 40 seconds in you blame lag comp (i say this because of your thread title). what happened? you ran upto a guy he saw you comming, started shooting you before you started shooting at him, caused flinching, which threw off your aim even more resulting in death. in your video you claim that you started shooting him WAY before the kill cam showed. watch it again. it shows him shooting first right about where you were and where you started shooting him.

at 1:52 you say the opponent is eating bullets or something to that effect, asking if hes on 3 bars instead of 4... in reality, it took more bullets then usual because once again... flinch... when you first started aiming at him you took some hits shooting your aim up. once you managed to get it back on target there were the NORMAL amount of hit markers.

at 2:47 you died and asked why... i will tell you why. you tried to drop shot in a confined area got prone blocked and died. that and you were aiming to the left of him for the most part.

at 3:49 you were in center with 2 enemies, there was a guy by the white van. When you went to aim at him, you first aimed a good bit to his right. you then tried to compensate for that but overdid it and ended up aiming to the left of him. again tried to compensate... again to much... now aiming back to the right. and finnaly you start actually aiming at him, but by this point it doesnt matter as you are getting hit and flinching (since you dont have toughness on). not lag comp bad aim.

at 4:20ish you state this is getting really dumb why? you only shot him 3 times the rest were clean misses while you tried to dropshot. you ran up there behind the guy and expected him to continue strait... but he didnt. infact he backtracked, which put you in at a disadvantage from where he was standing. the way he strafed put you in his sights and moved him out of yours. you were to busy trying to drop shot (or so it looks) to compensate for his movements. but really in that situation your kinda boned. if you had completed your dropshot you would have won. But lag compensation is not to blame for this one either.

at 4:42 you has HS eat bullets. you only shot himTWICE with your first attack. once again you seem to think that simply raking an enemy is enough for a kill... maby HC is where you should play? If you watch the video closely, you will see that your first bullet hits him in the left elbow... followed by the right... and then you stopped firing, realized he wasnt dead and then said he was eating bullets. and you only shot him about 2-3 (max) after that. 4-5 bullets is pretty standard.

at 5:04 you encountered a guy with a pistol after coming up the stairs. you guys were passing each other. you tried to drop shot while turing on the guy, overshot it (seeing a pattern?) and were dead by the time you tried to correct your mistake. you say you deserved hit markers, but how so? all you did was again drag your gun across the enemy very quickly. also... the guy with the pistol didnt miss.

overshot your dropshots aim again at 5:53 and die (most obvious here)

at 6:06 you die here because you got shot first, and as ive said before flinch did you in. you say "its awesome that he can kill me faster with a pistol then I can him with an SMG" you would have killed him but you were flinched before you even got a shot off. none of your shots hit nor did they deserve to.

you say at 6:40 that your bullets are finally registering. but in reality they have been the entire game. the reason you werent getting hit markers is because you were not actually hitting the enemy. watch it closely and tell me im wrong. If i have to I can make another vid slowing down those moments.

your video is only proof that you want an excuse for dieing.  4 bar lag comp BS myth, I command the! DISPERSE!

Level 45

in reply to Paddi

lol, ELPRESADOR is far from a big youtuber. The guy is always making fun of them, it's pretty hilarious.

Level 2

in reply to Paddi

Yeah I don't see what your complaining about, your aiming sucks.lol Don't worry man I suck too.

Level 2

in reply to Paddi

The stuff I see in my games makes yours look perfect, if I had that game I would consider that good.

Level 32

in reply to Paddi

Im sorry but you OP are not a good player...I dont know how you got 600 moabs in mw3 but you must of been playing really bad players or you're telling porkie pies...

you got out-played many times even with your cheap drop-shots  lol....

Im not denying there is broken lag comp in bo2 cuz ive been a victim of it and its been much much worse than what you seem to think it is...

I would consider that video to be on the good side of lag comp!..maybe you just thought you were good cuz your connection worked well on mw3 and everyone else was behind you and didnt get a fair fight? ever think like that?

Level 5

in reply to Paddi

Toughness=  Focus from mw3, maybe you should realise this due to the fact the reason why you was beat by most people was due to the fact they were all mostly running it. Corner issues are quite buggy imo and pistols will damn right beat you in the face.

Level 1

Studios