What Lag Compensation does to People.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

What Lag Compensation does to People.

*I do not censor my Live Commentaries - Watch at your Own risk*

This videos shows how apparent the lag compensation in this game is, and how hard it is to actually win while being lag compensated.

Lag Compenation is probabaly the most worthelss and aggrivating thing to every be put into any online game. I used to be a 2.0 + KD/WL player, and a very good FFA player. Posting up more than 600 Moabs in FFA alone. With Black Ops 2, I made a series on my channel called "Free for all Fridays." Which constists of me playing FFA, and recording it live, then choosing the best game to go up.

Well, I played for about an hour, and got the same problem over and over... despite changing lobbies.  That problem is the obvious lag compensation.  I didn't even start the game mad. I was pretty mellow.

Level 9
23 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: What Lag Compensation does to People.

in reply to Paddi

I was playing KC yesterday and I was also getting hitmarkers after hitmarkers. The only thing that saved me and my game was my relentless assault on the enemy spawns. Once on their spawns, I start pre-firing and it brought me some good results. At one point, I had an enemy took four hitmarkers and he didn't die and got away. I also noticed that I was dropping faster than it should. The game really got some issues. It's hard to enjoy it when the victors are determined not by skill but by who's on the good side of lag.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

If my lag ever seems to get that bad, I just hop into combat training and roll with it. Less rage to be had since nothing counts. ...that and most people actually come out and play instead of humping a corner somewhere.

Level 28

in reply to Paddi

I watched the first 4 and a half minutes and didn't really see one good example of lag compensation. All your deaths were legit getting shot in the back, or because your accuracy was a little off.

I'm not saying lag compensation isn't noticable, because I know it's a serious problem, but in this case, you are being a baby.

Level 8

in reply to KoRny1

I'm not sure what you mean. Theresnumerous time in the first half of the video where I put out more bullets than I should have to, and just get a load a markers.

Level 9

in reply to Paddi

That's not lag comp, there were questionable kills to like one or two individuals. The rest of it, was like he said, just some bad accuracy here and there coupled with getting frustrated. I would kill to have a game like that if that's what you define as "terrible" lag comp.

I've played games where I've dumped full clips into people and got maybe one or two hit markers and then I get insta gibbed,

The pistol can kill you in two shots so damn rights it can kill you before your 35 damage vector pops off 4 shots from mid range.

Level 7

in reply to Krust13

One or Two People?

I have to put half clips into mroe than "One or Two People"

More than "One or Two People" are reacting to me being there, way before they're on my screen.

No, it shouldn't be a 2 shot kill, it has very little flinch when shot. Less flinch than both of the SIngle Shot Rifles, which I normally have to shoot 3 times to get a kill with anyways.

Secondaries !> Primaries

Level 9

in reply to Paddi

@4:16 You were shooting at his chest, attempted a dropshot, and just died. On the Killcam, you were shooting on air and he's not where your screen shows you.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

Yep, welcome to the games I get out into.

Level 9

in reply to Paddi

That's how the game plays for me as well. There's just no way around it and there are a lot of days where all my lobbies are like that. I can't even trust what I'm seeing on my screen.

I have a second account and it used to have low KD and low SPM and I never felt the lag. Now that its stats are high, I'm lagging on it, too. Just like on my main account.

Level 35

Studios