W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!

in reply to AZSESINO-

Lone Wolfs are absolutely WL cannon fodder on this game.

When you aren't being put into a game in progress to replace a dashboarder who is about to lose, you look around at your team mates and they aren't PTFO.

The only people who can take WL seriously are those who only play in a 6.

Even FFA players get ripped off constantly.

Level 15

in reply to AZSESINO-

Am I trippin' out or did a bunch of posts just get deleted?

Level 3

in reply to AZSESINO-

If your playing solo your going to have to learn to ignore your W/L stat and not get so wound up about it, just play on a game by game basis. Generally if your SPM and KD are decent then that is normally enough to indicate you are capable. Positive W/L stats are merely an indicator of regular pubstomping in a clan/party, no big deal. However an unusually low W/L stat is an indicator of a serial dashboarder/ragequitter, or more rarely an FFA player.

Level 7

in reply to AZSESINO-

W/L does show skill.   You can win lone wolf.   I've done it in every call of duty I've played.  It's possible if you play to win.

My cousin is a prime example of a guy that says W/L means nothing and laughs at it.  He doesn't play to win so will discount it and laugh at it.

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

Okay Mr. W/L does show skill.  Riddle me this, I boot up my xbox, start up black ops 2 select a game type to play and wait for it to match me into a game.  I get placed into an already in session game, alright thats fine, the game starts up and bam we're already losing 50 to 20, i try my hardest but the enemy team is already positioned so well and my team keeps dying... Alright thats fine, thats just one game.. I stay in the lobby cuz its a fresh start. Game starts, dang these guys are noobs, going 37 and 4. Game ends and I see the red letters of a lost game.. I'm like wtf?? Look at the scoreboard and my team has ALL gone negative, the bottom of my team is 3 and 20, 2 and 18, 5 and 16.. And this repeats all night long, both scenarios, over and over, and of course some games i do get good teammates and i do join fresh games, but a lot of times i have absolutely no control over how my team acts, i dont understand why i have to explain this to you a second time, if you scroll up you can see i said the same thing already... Or wait, you just dont get it... because you're one of the few people who gets EXTREMELY lucky and ALWAYS is on the team with no super noobs... Either that or you just like to say the opposite of everyone...

Level 3

in reply to Mankisman1

You're right, I'm just one luck sob.  I have over a 1000 games play on this game and mostly dom.   Of all those 1000 games I just get lucky to have good players on my team.. riiiight.   I'm usually top 2 so I'm the one carrying the team. 

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

Yep, exactly what I said, you're getting lucky. Because there's no way you can win a game thats about to end, even if you hold all 3 points for the rest of the game.  And playing domination depends a little less on your whole team, if youre playing a game like tdm and your team sucks you can only carry them so much.  Again, you're getting lucky, because out of the 1000 games i've played on only TDM i only have a 1.05 w/l ratio even though 90% of the time im on top of the board.  Yet on gun game, ffa or any other totally lonewolf game I have around a 2+ w/l ratio.

Level 3

in reply to Mankisman1

I didn't say that W/L isn't skewed because it is.   I'm saying it is still a worthy stat.   

The best thing to do for a lone wolf guy and perhaps anyone is add about 10% more w/l to make up for join in progress and dashboard losses.   So if you're winning 30% of the time, it may be safe to say you actually win 35% to 40% if it wasn't for dashboarding and join in progresses.     My point is it happens to everyone.  You should still value w/l.  

I win 55% of the time so far in this game.  Say you win 30%.   If it wasn't for the dashboaring and join in progress, I'd probably show 65% and you'd show 40%.  Thus I still have skill to carry a team better than you.   Not trying to toot my own horn.

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

I play to WIN in every game I join, but when you get losses for disconects and when you are put into games that are best part lost already you get an undeseved loss.

That isn't me being defeatist or not trying to win, it is a simple fact of BO2 or CoD in general. Solo players often replace dashboarders. Most people dashboard when the game isn't going their way or there are enemy high scorestreaks up.

I understand why CoD doesn't do the check box for players who don't want to join games in progress, so I have to let WL go by the wayside.

the guy upstairs said it right, take each game as they come and don't get hung up on stats.

Level 15

in reply to snoops071

I would have agreed with you a year ago except for some reason this is a different game.  I hate losing.  This is a game I play for fun but I'm still very competitive.  I hate losing all the time even if I do well on my own.  I typically play lone wolf and its been that way since COD4 and this is the first game I haven't been able to maintain a positive W/L ratio and I've just stopped caring.

Level 13

Studios