W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: W/L means NOTHING! 15 Losses a day 4 FREE!

in reply to AZSESINO-

WIN/LOSS ratio's show how good you more the K/D!

not to be a dick but my k/d is 2 and my w/L is almost 2 aswell.

i've never played in a party of people and i usually play domination and tdm. in mw3 my kd was 2.25 and my win/loss was 2. a good player carries his team.

this morning i got 40-7 in tdm, the next guy got 9-15 and the rest were similarly bad. we still won by 3 kills. so don't tell me win/loss doesnt show a players skill. it is the most important statistic in finding player skill. because a kd of 2-3 could mean they camp alot but don;t capture positions or shoot down air support. where as a high win ratio shows that your a team player, you can carry a team and your clutch in SnD/demo.

likewise my mates weekly win/loss was always over 10 because he hardly lost in SnD. skill wins games not always kills.

i've only got 4 hours play time on this game too but over 30 days played in mw2 and 20 days played in mw3

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to Milkz12

Milkz12 wrote:

WIN/LOSS ratio's show how good you more the K/D!

not to be a dick but my k/d is 2 and my w/L is almost 2 aswell.

Yeah but if you spectate a match and join an unrecoverable match you're given the loss even you choose not to spawn.  I sometimes play Ground War and leave if I see my team I got assigned to a being totally clueless, usually this happens in Domination and I sometimes don't like playing that for Ground War dependong on the map as I'm usually soloing.  I've also left in I join a side that are winning by a huge margin because the game will be boring and if it gets too much for the opposition, the game will effectively soon enough.

Level 31

in reply to AZSESINO-

I have not read the other posts, but I am sure they are telling you how you are doing it wrong and that the game is not at fault when you get 15 losses from people dashboarding.

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

The game is wrong ,since we should not receive a "Loss" when someone else dashboard

Level 7

in reply to AZSESINO-

I've gotta agree with the OP.

One of the most annoying things for me is when I get a loss for the host dashboarding. How is that fair? I don't mind taking a loss if I back out of a lobby becasue it's my choice to back out,but getting a loss because somebody else dashboards is totally unfair.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Everyone gets it.  I probably got tons of losses today due to the same thing.  Then you have to find a new game and usually it joins one in progress that you're already losing.   So basically you have a good chance to get double losses.  

But all that said, W/L still means a lot.  Everyone gets it so the higher it is shows me that you can still win despite these type of losses.  

I have a cousin who has higher spm and k/d than me.   But he has a 31% w/l.   I have a 55% playing as lonewolf.   I know him and he never plays the objective and if he can't get his kills either, he dashes.   Anyone with a 31% w/l is dashing and not playing objectives.

Level 4

in reply to snoops071

I think if people cared more about winning than getting kills then this game would be much better.

Level 47

in reply to snoops071

snoops07 wrote:

Anyone with a 31% w/l is dashing and not playing objectives.

Not exactly, but I can see where your coming from. I have a 33% w/l, but playing domination 99.9% of the time it is difficult to win as a lone wolf. I also do not dashboard and  I play the objectives the best I can while not feeding the enemy streaks. Being a lone wolf anymore these days definatley doesn't help THAT stat. Lol.

Level 28

in reply to jwaller123

I've heard you say this before and I wonder why you don't pursue folks to play with?

Just the other day I got into a lobby, played well and communicated well with another teammate. He asked if I wanted to party up, brought another of his friends into the party and BAM, two new friends on my friends list. Ironically, he lived less than a half hour away from me as well.

I ask because I can't imagine always playing lone wolf in team matches, and when I have to do so it isn't nearly as fun.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Due to the hours I work I find it hard to find anyone to play with. No one in the lobbies I get into talk, or if they do they are more on the rude side so that stops friend requests in their tracks. I have been in only a select few lobbies where everyone was friendly. Those are the lobbies I stay in regardless of lag, gametype, win, loss, etc...and when I play I don't usually have the chance to play for more than an hour or so anyway.

I am in a clan but they concentrate more on BF3 then BO2 so I think it is kinda worthless to stay. I have been thinking about changing clans though. I know there some +30 yr old clans out there that I should probably look into.

Level 28

Studios