Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Vonderhaar is tweeting about investigating the lag issues

in reply to Maccabi

you have a fibre optic modem and a seperate homehub when you have fibre to the premises,  I have 100/20 fttp and have a white wallmounted (bt BT) fibre optic modem and a homehub3 connected to that.

I have no issues at all playing any other CoD game, on PC , Xbox or PS3, played a few rounds of cod4 on xbox, had loads of fun and no issues, then day before yesterday had a few rounds of mw2 , partied up with 2 mates and played all night, only 1 lobby was laggy, left that and the next one was fine, no probs, lastnight I had a couple of rounds on MW3, even got a moab and all conncetions/bullet hitreg/etc seemed fine, then a couple of freinds asked me to play black ops2.  partied up and it was awful, crappy lag, bullets not regestering, 1 shot instadeaths.. issue after issue, tried loads of new lobbies and all the same, the game is utter shite and broke.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Spawn$t@r

Spawn$t@r wrote:

you have a fibre optic modem and a seperate homehub when you have fibre to the premises,  I have 100/20 fttp and have a white wallmounted (bt BT) fibre optic modem and a homehub3 connected to that.

I have no issues at all playing any other CoD game, on PC , Xbox or PS3, played a few rounds of cod4 on xbox, had loads of fun and no issues, then day before yesterday had a few rounds of mw2 , partied up with 2 mates and played all night, only 1 lobby was laggy, left that and the next one was fine, no probs, lastnight I had a couple of rounds on MW3, even got a moab and all conncetions/bullet hitreg/etc seemed fine, then a couple of freinds asked me to play black ops2.  partied up and it was awful, crappy lag, bullets not regestering, 1 shot instadeaths.. issue after issue, tried loads of new lobbies and all the same, the game is utter shite and broke.

oh yeah soz forgot they do ftp aswell

/stands corrected

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

fiber from BT on exsisting phonelines requires an open reach modem , unless you have fiber to the socket .

After the modem you get the BT homehub 3 .

Level 2

in reply to Sgt-Phasma

i have BT infinity option 2 ... NO issues AT ALL with the equiptment they provide .

i have A grade line , no jitter , no packet loss and a ping of 17 .

set your console to port forward your xbox to xbox live in the options .

then set the console to run thought DMZ .

PLAYING  :  fair use policy of bt lines  restricts p2p usage during peek times  4pm to midnight  weekdays , 9am to midnight  on weekends .

Try not to play when others are watching movies/ downloading , it will effect your game at times.

even with top speed i notice a differance myself . hope that helps

Level 2

in reply to Maccabi

So are you saying that the combo modem/router that I have from my dsl provider could be causing some of my problems. If so is it the modem or the router that causes the problem and can you recommend some good equipment to replace it with?

Level 1

in reply to savage_97

LOL yes as well as ...

Your cables to your tv

Your TV settings

Your ISP

The way your face looks when you play the game

The city you live in

The configuration of your router

After you buy a new router, modem, change all your cables, HDMI, ethernet cables etc, call your ISP, move to a new city, try another ISP, repeat the process and still find yourself having an issue still, simply repeat the process until you find something that works ( if ), it is NOT the game.

It is "You". Even if all your other games you play online "seem" to be just fine, you are required to repeat these steps exclusively for Black Ops 2.

Level 8

in reply to Maccabi

maccabi wrote:

biron_w wrote:

Not sure actually. I know the home hub isn't exactly fantastic but why should that matter? If that was the problem then surely they'd have trouble with the game all the time,not just when they are host?

playing normally you're sending and recieving one packet at a time on average about 15 -20 times a second

hosting your sending 11 or 17 packets for that one. add a killstreak (which is like having another player join the game) and thats even more being sent out.

it may not seem like much but the generic isp given equipment can have problems handling that much traffic constantly , you get a situation called buffer bloat where the router cant handle the amount of pakets and starts to store them , once that store is full it just discards them/

so that would esplain the "lag" when a KS gets called in... hmm never thought of it that way XD

Level 45

in reply to reapie

He's "investigating".... don't know what there is to investigate I mean this has been an apparent issue for awhile. I don't really see anything getting done about it. Its just something that people gotta adjust to. Yeah it sucks and yeah we shouldn't have to play a bugged out game that we paid money for but thats just the way it is. I'm no coder or developer of any sorts but I believe the best course of action would have been to take out all the extra BS such as theater mode, facebook, youtube, twitter, elite, etc.and that seem unlikely so..... enjoy Call of Duty: Broken Ops 2.

Level 2

in reply to Kensi1

More than likely, the reason Vaan says he doesn't see lag because this is just the way the game runs, and we are supposed to deal with it like he does.

Level 8

in reply to Kensi1

Kensi wrote:

He's "investigating".... don't know what there is to investigate I mean this has been an apparent issue for awhile. I don't really see anything getting done about it. Its just something that people gotta adjust to. Yeah it sucks and yeah we shouldn't have to play a bugged out game that we paid money for but thats just the way it is. I'm no coder or developer of any sorts but I believe the best course of action would have been to take out all the extra BS such as theater mode, facebook, youtube, twitter, elite, etc.and that seem unlikely so..... enjoy Call of Duty: Broken Ops 2.

The best course of action would be to give us dedicated server hosting,  as well as implementing a server browser ingame (Kinda helps to avoid connecting to US/JAP/AFR/etc players if you're from the EU) so we can search by location to get the best connection possible.

THAT would make the game not just fun to play but it would raise the competitiveness of the game to new levels.

Level 8

Studios