Very serious hacker

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Very serious hacker

Hey guys, I need some advice, a guy was playing search with us there and before the game he started he was saying how he can get host etc to friends and we thought it was suspicious, when the game started he lag switched us all the way through and I know what a lag switch is, my gamertag is GR41G 1690 if you have any doubts, overflow s&d my last game played if you wanna check.

Anyhow afterwards we were all checking his combat record 629 kill chain 14,000 unstoppables then him and his party came into the lobby asking us who's IP was "insert number here" and said he was going to kick us all offline, I know this is not only hacking but also illegal and this person needs to be banned but how do I go about it?

Level 11
8 REPLIES
Highlighted

Re: Very serious hacker

in reply to CR4IG

I would report in-game. Report through XBL, and send this info to http://support.activision.com/contact_us

Those are your best bet.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

Just put one there and will also link it to the other 6 guys playing, thanks.

Level 11

in reply to CR4IG

Report in game just like all the other players have to. Just like you were told numerous times before.

I think the reason your last thread got locked is because posting stuff like this causes harrassment for the player regardless if he is guilty.

Level 72

in reply to starbuckfrack

This is more than a glitch or boosting, from what I've heard its also illegal so a simple report in game doesn't cut it.

Level 11

in reply to CR4IG

Sorry, but if this player is doing it in game on Xbox Live then report him thru the console. Especially if he messaged you thru XBL.

Xbox will not take reports aver the phone.

If he did this verbally then someone from Xbox will listen in and ban him just for talking like that.

Level 72

in reply to CR4IG

BTW you were already told to cut this out.

http://community.callofduty.com/message/414390613#414390613

Level 72

in reply to CR4IG

Doing this when you are host is not hacking.  Word gets over used.  It's using built in tools or easily downloaded legit tools to manipulate connections to your system.  This is why having people host games is and has never been a good idea.  It is cheating.  It is lame.  It does not make them a good player.  Report them and move on.  FPS games are full of cheaters using exploits, glitches, and abusing mechanics to gain an edge they shouldn't have and taking credit for the 'skill' it provides.

Level 4

in reply to CR4IG

As your peers have stated, report in game and through the console. That is the only way to report players for cheating or boosting.

Locking.

Claire JeepChick

Studios