VONDERHAAR HERE IS YOUR PROOFof PROBLEMS.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: VONDERHAAR HERE IS YOUR PROOFof PROBLEMS.

in reply to zingaa

I am not positive, but YES , I believe what you say is somewhat if not ALL true. I just don't understand why the game ALWAYS does what is in the videos above. SO FRUSTRATING. Thanks for commenting and for the question.

Level 2

in reply to zingaa

A lag switching host is very obvious, everyone in the lobby will red bar for a short durations (due to the assh*le hitting his pathetic little lagswitch) and everyone will freeze on the spot during it so he can kill.  A generally wobbly host however will  cause different issues but the game will detect this and switch host. I'm more interested in cases similar to mine, where everyone has an apparent 4 solid bars but there's a clear discrepancy in hit detection and recieving instakills. Somethings out of whack and it ain't me.

Level 7

in reply to zingaa

Yes... it does... I run 30 meg and it's very stable but I find myself yellow and red barring a lot. I'll check the scoreboard after I die a lot of times to see who is alive and notice that while I'm in the process of getting shot I go from green to yellow to red then when I spawn it Might go back to full green

BuX
Level 6

Mine does the same, I pay attention to detail in connections ALOT when things like this happen. Every reply helps keep this thread  moving.

Level 2

in reply to KERplunKIN

the only thing i've found that allows me to have a somewhat playable MP experience is to play in a party where I AM NOT THE PARTY LEADER. I have a similar road runner connection as you, OP, and if I get chosen as host [95% of the time and prob 100% if i'm playing solo] I am lucky if I go 10-20. breaking even is a miracle. I can put half a clip in someone's back but they spin aruond and one shot me.

I played some League last night [i'm an achievement wh*re, what] and it wasn't too bad for 6/8 games. I think that's bc the League isn't bound to Locale and it will match you from the available pool of players[MUCH smaller than standard pubs] which resulted in some games with europeans, s americans and asians. sometimes the LAG was terrible, but sometimes it was in my favor, which is unheard of. lol

I'm just going to keep grinding to get the prestige cheevo and if it's not fixed i'll go back to halo. That game has a great mp with dedicated servers.

Level 12

in reply to mjw3786

Yeah, Time Warner is pretty good, and my experiance is EXACTLY as you have just stated. Thanks for the reply sir.

Level 2

in reply to KERplunKIN

Well KERplunKIN, you are without doubt doubt THE most polite person that's ever been on this forum.  You must be in the wrong place, we don't do polite on here

Level 20

Well there is a JOB that NEEDS to be completed by the DEVELOPERS, and that is to FIX the game that WE ALL SPENT MONEY on. I am here for ALL OF US, because WE HAVE TO STICK TOGETHER, or the end result is getting games like this. It has to STOP somewhere, maybe I can help. Going to crash for now, I live in Hollywood, be back on around 2 Pacific to reply to EVERYONE that posts a comment, and MAYBE we can get something done TOGETHER for THE REAL GREATER GOOD OF THE COMMUNITY. And I am tired of just being beaten by a connection/hit detection. THE REPLIES HELP. Lets keep this high on the board so WE  WILL GET NOTICED!!!

Level 2

in reply to KERplunKIN

Maybe if they create a pay to play online membership they would fix everything lol! I still say HC is the best immediate remedy!

Level 8

in reply to KERplunKIN

I got through 4 videos and 3 of them were not even lag comp. related. They were lag related. People were lagging. Lag happens. The host was bad, connection became compromised, anything that creates lag caused those videos to occur.

Yes there is a problem with host migration and that is why videos can be shot for such a long time with lag and makes it look as though it happens all the time. If this seriously happens every lobby for you it is not the game... it is you.

In video number one there is about 1/4 second sync. issues with theater and live. You can see the bomb ticker counting down at different times. He lined up actions rather than game timer.

These are examples of lag.

Lag. Comp. examples are displacement of bodies as displayed by hosts (theater) compared to the how you see it on your screen. Client side hit detection can still tell the server that you hit your target regardless of lag comp. If the server agrees on both sides of the gun fight (this is where actually better internet prevails) than you will get the kill ragardless. This is most noticable while running around corners.

Level 10

Studios