Unfair Advantage

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Unfair Advantage

I just noticed that while I'm redownloading the Revolution Map Pack in the background, my K/D spikes and I win gun battles I should probably lose. Tried it again and confirmed.

Level 10
18 REPLIES

Re: Unfair Advantage

in reply to Proclaimor1

Sometimes you win gunfights you should of lost, othertimes you lose gunfights you should of clearly won, it happens and FYI the map pack will download faster if your just sitting at the dashboard.

Level 12

in reply to Proclaimor1

you cant download from xbox live while playing online so im not sure what your on about

Level 25
Highlighted

in reply to banned-again

You can on PS3, I believe but the download takes forever.  I haven't tried playing online but I have run programs such as Elite at the same time.

Level 69

in reply to banned-again

Incorrect. They added support for background downloading with the last patch.

Does that mean it's affecting lag? Eh. No telling.

Level 7

in reply to DeadlySeker

did they well my bad i wasnt aware they had done that everytime ive been downloading and went online it used to come up saying the download was stopping

Level 25

in reply to DeadlySeker

WRONG. It's a XBOX Live thing that will not allow downloads while in an oline game. This has NOTHING to do with Treyarch. No matter what it is you cannot download through Xbox Live unless you are on the home screen, or non-live session of a game.

Level 34

in reply to banned-again

Exactly what I was thinking. Placebo.

Level 27

in reply to Proclaimor1

you are talking about spiking your internet speed while playing or the most basic form of lag switching. you can dl something on your computer while joing a game and you will have the best internet in the game.... i guess... never tried it or needed to but i did hear about this having some effect on the way you play.. now wether it will work to your advantage is i guess a 50/50 shot... i dont agree with it because its like cheating, or dashboarding imo.

Level 6

in reply to Proclaimor1

banned and myevo are correct when it comes to XBL ... when you are in a match, downloading stops. Since this is in the Xbox 360 forum, what happens on PS3 doesn't really matter.

In any case, my personal opinion is that if you need to download something (whether to your console or to your pc), you need to stop playing online multiplayer while doing so.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62

Studios