Toughness is a useless perk.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Toughness is a useless perk.

in reply to Paddi1

Toughness is probably onen of the only real working perks in this game .. Dude needs to

Play more

Put it on the m27 plAy a few games then remove it.... You'll get destroyed.

Level 12

in reply to Paddi1

its good in core. i use it on my MK48 class when i play DEM. spray the ever lovin crap outta the objective.

Level 18

in reply to Paddi1

I watched a video I think Drift0r did on Toughness and an added bonus was that it reduced the visual effects of flinching too. You may not notice, but your screen becomes slightly darger while being shot. Toughness negates that darkening of the screen as well. So your vision isn't as impaired as someone being shot without it. I would link the video but I'm lazy.

Toughness is also particular useful on the couple of sniper/AR happy boards. The higher the damage of the round the harder you flinch. So you will notice a significant difference in your flinching when hit with higher damage weapons. Just some things you should consider before you totally dismiss one of the better perks of the game.

Level 18

in reply to Paddi1

Lol nope, Toughness is good for Assault Rifles and LMGs.

Level 22

in reply to Paddi1

Small finite movements caused by flinch with an SMG in close quarters might be the difference between a belly shot and a headshot, but at longer distances it's the difference between hitting and missing. 

If you want to forego it on CQC classes, then it's probably do-able. I generally run it on all my classes as well though.

Level 4
Highlighted

in reply to Paddi1

As a heavy gunner I noticed the difference when I didn't use it.  I basically had to reduce my head-on engagements because the flinch would get me killed.  And as I'm going for headshots, I can do without more flinch.  I need it less than when using an SMG, which is kinda weird.

Level 31

in reply to Paddi1

Paddi wrote:

I use it all the time, and over the weekend, I'm constantly getting out gunned, mostly close quarters by kids who don't even bother using it.

I assumed the difference between Toughness Flinch and No Touchness Flinch was huge, and that flinsh was a needed perk.

But yet, to my suprise it's not.  It's great watching kill cams of people who don't have toughness, and not seeing their gun flinch at all.

Or better yet my favorite, the Flinch up to get an instant headshot.

The level of effectiveness for Toughness is dependant of the type of gun the opponent is using. SMGs bullets induce low flinch, ARs noticeably more flinch and LMGs dish out even more flinch.

Also when trading bullets at medium-long distances against enemies (with any weapon) you'll really feel the benifits of Toughness. Conversely if your in a lobby of SMG users and your mostly getting into CQC situations then Toughness is not as helpful. Finally Kill-Cams do not accurately replicate flinch, gun viewkick and recoil.

PS-I almost always have Toughness in my Tier 2 slot, if your a quick, accurate and aggressive player it's a great perk. Only one of my SMGs classes doesn't have it (using Scavanger) and I feel the flinch difference massively.

Level 7

in reply to Paddi1

I use Toughness on all my classes with the exception of Snipers and Hipfire Shotguns, Snipers have build in Toughness and Hipfire Shotguns don't need it.

Level 24

in reply to Paddi1

OP is nuts.  Toughness is the number one perk.  it is amazing on AR's and LMG's.  If not for Toughness, my K/D would be WAYYYY worse than it already is.  can't even count all the gunfights I have won because of this perk.

Level 10

in reply to Paddi1

Very necessary for certain setups. Ive noticed many times where I lose one on one battles head on to people, they have toughness and I dont. I hate using it, but its almost like if you go against someone using it,the game realizes it, and makes you loose, kind of like 3arch did in WAW with stopping power.....and no Im not kidding.

Level 34

Studios