Toughness is a useless perk.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Toughness is a useless perk.

I use it all the time, and over the weekend, I'm constantly getting out gunned, mostly close quarters by kids who don't even bother using it.

I assumed the difference between Toughness Flinch and No Touchness Flinch was huge, and that flinsh was a needed perk.

But yet, to my suprise it's not.  It's great watching kill cams of people who don't have toughness, and not seeing their gun flinch at all.

Or better yet my favorite, the Flinch up to get an instant headshot.

Level 5
28 REPLIES

Re: Toughness is a useless perk.

in reply to Paddi1

Toughness is a pretty dang good perk, especially for SMG users imo. Always a tough choice for me between toughness, scavenger, and to a lesser extent cold-blooded.

Level 18

in reply to Paddi1

toughness is a core perk. Works very well.

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to Paddi1

try playing without it and you will soon notice the difference unless you play hardcore then it is worthless

Level 25

in reply to Paddi1

I have to disagree.

This is just my opinion on it but toughness makes me play like a tank.

When sniping or using an LMG the flinch is so much reduced it's probably unfair even.

Get shot 2-3 times while scoping in and don't even flinch a bit making the one shot kill pretty easy.

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

Coupled with Tac-mask and Flak Jacket, and you are a steam train.

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

Indeed. They are my 3 perks of choice.

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

dweez1988 wrote:

I have to disagree.

This is just my opinion on it but toughness makes me play like a tank.

When sniping or using an LMG the flinch is so much reduced it's probably unfair even.

Get shot 2-3 times while scoping in and don't even flinch a bit making the one shot kill pretty easy.

Not unfair for LMGs and not because I use them.  They are the heaviest weapons in the game so may be that's why there is less flinch, presumably that's why they have the longest ADS times too.  It also means that you can win a few more long engagements which is what they're really for.

Not sure on the sniper rifles because it appears to happen only when scoped in and the SVU-AS is a light weapon so there ought to be more flinch.

Level 31

in reply to Paddi1

LOL just take it off of your classes and you'll soon realize just how much it helped you to win those gunfights.  The guns in this game have a ridiculous amount of flinch without Toughness.  So for every gunfight that they win by a lucky flinch, I would be willing to bet that they lose 10 because of the flinch.

Level 69

in reply to Paddi1

The OP would be right if he was talking about HC. But its very useful in core

Level 25

Studios