Thought on the shock charge / betty combo

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: Thought on the shock charge / betty combo

in reply to brsox

i've been honing the shock charge/claymore combo. i find this to be more fun in setting up. sometimes i get a claymore kill before they set off the charge and then the charge catches the newxt guy, lol.

Level 6
Highlighted

in reply to brsox

You just proved that people rush carelessly. You can hear a Shock Charge from a good distance and yet you fell victim to it.

Level 35

in reply to Run_N_Gunning_C

thats why i use the charge as bait they hear it but its out of ear shot so they assume it's safe then bam. or i get the guy who catchs the claymore and blows it but still manages to run into trhe betty as they try to blow that one too. this game can be loads of fun if you let it. i don't mind running into a cool trap, at least it took thought and skill. i learned the hard whay with the angled betty on the stairs. they don't get me anymore.

Level 6

in reply to brsox

Both are useless with a class with engineer and a emp grenade easy points doing that

Level 2

in reply to brsox

I dont need EMPs or Engineer - shock charges can be easily soundwhored, so the guy who placed them usually gets a peekaboo surprise from me when I go to the undefended entrance. Failing that, shoot the shock charge, do the betty fandango (for those who dont know, DUCK) and then either rush, or pull up and wait for them to come investigate.

But yes, Black Hat PDA, Engineer and EMPs help too

Level 31

in reply to brsox

If you don't want to use engineer, etc then just SLOW DOWN!  If you go tearing around everywhere like a headless chicken your going to run straight into bettys, shocks and everything else.

Level 20

in reply to brsox

Not as effective as semtex - shock combo

Level 7

in reply to brsox

The only class I use that combo on is my sniper set up, I'll place a shock charge as an early warning sign and most people will be expecting a Betty right near it, but I'll hide the Betty closer to me.

Obviously this is not foolproof as all the other posters have quoted, there are plenty of ways to counter it.

Level 13

in reply to pj600r

I believe you would be better off with C4 instead of a Bouncing Betty.

Shock charge gives you a hitmarker that someone is coming up on your flank. Throw a C4 in his face. Can't be avoided as easily as a Betty.

Level 7

in reply to brsox

Whenever you get stunned just go to prone to be safe. It's what I do and it has saved me from a lot of betties.

Level 1

Studios