This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: This game is REALLY out of sync and we did tests to PROVE it

in reply to Maccabi

Yes you're vocal when YOU have a problem.  Just because you are not having the same problems other people are having, doesn't mean they are not there.

The thing is, lower playlist population and partying up, shouldn't be an issue.  I can play COD4 on evening with less than 300 people in the dom playlist and not have issues, while partying up with the same people I generally play BLOPS2 with. 

The second reason is the players own home connection:  Why is it I can play all night on COD4 and MW2 without these problems.  Are you saying as soon as I load up BLOPS 2, I instantly get poor line quality and jitter, everytime I try?

You are a very active member on this forum and have helped many people out.  Why then, will you not help these people out.  You say Capp's video was good because he synced it properly.  Maybe you could share this information on how to properly set up, or sync the videos, in a way that would meet your expectations. 

Level 2

in reply to TryHardMVP

TryHardMVP wrote:

Yes you're vocal when YOU have a problem.  Just because you are not having the same problems other people are having, doesn't mean they are not there.

Actually thats not true at all, I really dont understand why people keep accusing me of saying that i am denying a problem i have never in all my years on these forums once said people arent having problems, the most i have ever said is im not. But again alot of the "problems people expereince can be easily explained by good old fashion you had lag .

little history lesson for you, back when blops first came out and people we screaming blue murder about how broken the game was myself and wiggy got a ton of flack because we kept trying to explain to people that the way they were presenting thier complaints wasnt actually helping anyone.

Ironically we also got accused alot of being paid Actvi/3arc employees (sound familar)

The first incarnation of my elagaphant thread was a direct result of that it detailed how people should present their complaints so the devs could see what type of connection they had , setup ect basically so they could say look this is what i am using its all set up correctly but im having this (detailed description of the problem.)

From that people started asking me for advice, in fact to this day i get on average between 5-10 pms asking for networking help, the reasons im on this forum alot are mostly as im here answering those questions talking people through setting up their qos via pms or explaining how to correctly forward ports, set static ips ect.

TryHardMVP wrote:

The thing is, lower playlist population and partying up, shouldn't be an issue.  I can play COD4 on evening with less than 300 people in the dom playlist and not have issues, while partying up with the same people I generally play BLOPS2 with. 

The second reason is the players own home connection:  Why is it I can play all night on COD4 and MW2 without these problems.  Are you saying as soon as I load up BLOPS 2, I instantly get poor line quality and jitter, everytime I try?

This has been explained time and time again by people on the forums and by the devs , while it seems to most people you can told in absolutes it doesnt work like that, you cant compare two different games even from the same franchise.

They have different elements for starters and secondly unless you compare with exactly the same people in with exactly the same host theres no real basis for comparison , its like me saying if i play snoopy air aces on xbl it plays fine so why doesnt blackops2

TryHardMVP wrote:

You are a very active member on this forum and have helped many people out.  Why then, will you not help these people out.  You say Capp's video was good because he synced it properly.  

Capp00s video as i said still had a few issues and the devs think it was ghandi offhand said the same thing (it was a what the server saw versus player saw video ). but i spoke to capp in great detail about his video and know he spent ages trying to sync it to as close as he possibly could. Ultimately though caps video highlighted the issue of lerps that id been complaining about.,

Getting back to your original point and me having issues, my main issue with mw3 was always the matchmaking , i like with this and previous games didnt have any other real problems when it came to the code, game mechanics ect oh hell yes . As i said i noticed a problem with the lerps when i was playing in a high ping session it didnt affect me but i still mentioned and stamped and pointed to it till it was ultimtely fixed.

TryHardMVP wrote:

Maybe you could share this information on how to properly set up, or sync the videos, in a way that would meet your expectations.

Again i did , people didnt like the answer , that being you cant sync up videos from different pvrs of the same match as they were never in sync to start with.

I only originally posted in this thread because i could forsee exactly what was going to be the outcome, even just reading the title was enough to me to facepalm. my original post was more of a warning im afraid to the op and to the forum in general.

i honestly cant wait tio see the ops video, i bet you it will be spread about and reposted a ton and constantly linked to the devs, hopefully they'll add some fictious "proven delay" as to be honest im getting bored seeing the this game has a built in 1780ms delay its been proven tweet to the devs or forum comment now.

on that note i am actually off to bed as its now 3am

Level 75

in reply to Maccabi

I wasn't trying to accuse you of denying the problem.  Sorry if it was interpreted as that. I've read the forums a couple times a week since MW2. 

You say you can't compare two games from the same series.  But shouldn't new installments improve on the mechanics of the game.  I know a lot has changed with the game design since COD4 and MW2, and a lot of features have been added.  The games are still based on the same engine, though.  I guess I'm just frustrated that 3 and 5 year old games play better than the last installments of the series.   It just feels that they're doing something wrong, and something is just a little off. 

Level 2

in reply to Maccabi

OMFG I try and tell people this all the time but no-one wants to ever listen or believe. Because they all seem to think that their high prices package gurantee's or entitles them to the best online game play in ever game ever made...when simply that is not the truth and never was and never will be.

And yes matchmaking and host selection is a very big part of the problem in the game. Get a good host the game works flawlessly, get a bad host and it will be laggy.

Level 70

in reply to trialstardragon

Spot on...

Level 44

Then why do they keep picking hosts with very poor internet connection?

0.9 k/d people with ACOG on their MTAR walking around aimlessly are absolutely destroying a full party of 2 k/d players.

Level 7

in reply to Ezcru

That is the biggest problem of the game really the host selection process. What ever they use to test to decide who should be host is not working really as good as it should.

I have been made host before and enver should my connection is no where near strong enough for host for any playlist above a 4v4. Yet I have had host even in groundwar before. when I get host and the lobby is near to me, I do well, not a problem at all in how the game works. not a single wtf moment at all. When I get host and lobby is mainly those further away from me, it is nothing but wtf moments.

Level 70

I can tell when the host is bad. the bars will jump around for everyone. You will see rubberbanding and such. This is not what I am talking about. Its something totally different.

Level 21

in reply to propipe

I'm with Foxman on what will be said. But I definitely can't wait to see your uploaded vids.

Level 1

in reply to propipe

I am actually really interested in seeing this. but i do know there will be tons of FanBoys who still wont see a problem with this game and will still think its perfect.......

Level 15

Studios