The very moment when the prestige hacking got really bad

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

The very moment when the prestige hacking got really bad

When they took the spawn timer out of Hardcore Team Deathmatch.  The game was originally made to be played with the spawn timer and by suddenly removing it without having changed other lines of code you left hackers a wide open door with a welcome mat.

Level 6
10 REPLIES

Re: The very moment when the prestige hacking got really bad

in reply to oustinks2

I am pretty sure they patched the Theater and duplication glitches.

Level 47

in reply to oustinks2

oh? you have source code access to prove this? did you decompile what was on the disc? use your 1337 powers of wizzardy?

Level 18
Highlighted

in reply to oustinks2

oustinks2 wrote:

When they took the spawn timer out of Hardcore Team Deathmatch.  The game was originally made to be played with the spawn timer and by suddenly removing it without having changed other lines of code you left hackers a wide open door with a welcome mat.

Jeebus... I hope you aren't involved in any QA actvities in your day job...

... that makes no sense.

That's my opinion but it should be yours ;-),
RAN
Level 75

in reply to RAN Kismet

The moons of Jupiter were also aligned when the spawn timer was removed, clearly this is the link to the hacking epidemic.

Level 7

in reply to RatedM2

As a matter of fact it was not the moons of Jupiter but nice try.  It was a full moon and after the 3 arc devs turned in werewolves one of them hit the wrong switch and suddenly a game mode that had been played the same way for 5 years changed.  I am hoping with the next full moon the spawn timer will be restored and we can get back the only game mode there was where boosters feared to tread.

Level 6

in reply to oustinks2

All I play is HC TDM and have never seen a Prestige Hacker or Booster.

They do need to re-institute the Spawn Timer, however. There is a reason it was there in the first place.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I wish I could get into games like that I find and kill boosters in about half of my HCTD and about 70% of HCKC matches

Level 6

in reply to oustinks2

Jeep Chick must be off today I actually started a thread and it's not locked yet!

Level 6

in reply to oustinks2

Last night, I thought I ran into Foxhound in BO2. If it was him, I say good game to him as he racked up kills, but it was nice to kill him a few times. He may be busy killing the Christmas noobs in BO2 right now, but then again, he's a good teammate to have.

The moderators are busy with their lives right now as they can't be on these forums 24/7.

Level 11

Studios