The player diversity in this game is appalling..

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

The player diversity in this game is appalling..

I hope it's not just me that notices that in every single game, near enough every player uses the same guns, the same camos, the same setups, the same everything! There's no change to the pace or gameplay ever, it's always SMG guys or snipers, I'm never pinned down behind cover from an LMG or have rockets flying over my head, oh no. It's all about the SMG guys spawn killing me in Demolition. How fun, for everyone involved...

It's like I can think of the average Black Op's 2 player in my head right now, he/she is using a Gold PDW with an Angry Bird as his emblem, while he runs lightweight and flak jacket. This is just my own personal observation.

Also, I have never met anyone with Diamond LMG's. Make's me seem like a shiny Pokemon, it's ridiculous.

Level 1
33 REPLIES

Re: The player diversity in this game is appalling..

in reply to ravingmasher2

My wife has diamond LMGs.  But yeah you are right,  you do see a lot of the same classes.  I use AR's and the wife likes LMGs,  we are not big on the SMGs.

Level 6

Or you see what you want to see.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

I want to see Diamond LMG's. Or perhaps, me getting outgunned by a Five Seven? Maybe even, an Excecutioner?

I reguarly get killed by all the same setups and guns. It would be very enjoyable to have a change, so more diversity...hell can I even get Crossbow'd please? Haha

Level 1

Play Hardcore. I see all of this every day.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

I've seen plenty of diamond lmgs, and in the past few days, I've noticed an increase in lmg use after the buff. As a matter of fact, the first few diamond camos I saw were lmgs.

Level 8

Play hardcore dude.. Ive got Diamond LMGs, Diamond AR's and Diamond shottys.. i also got a gold executioner i got from playing hardcore.. just forget about playing CORE.. Hardcore is where its at cause unlike core where LMG's and everything else is weak.. in Hardcore.. everygun in strong so people will use everything.. not just SMG's or snipers..

Level 1
Highlighted

There seems to be a lot more variety and less SMGs in HC. I mainly use ARs, but that new Peacekeeper suits me nicely, only other one I leave set up for Hijacked is the Chicom.

MK48 & LSAT are amazing, AR wise I like the M27, SCAR, M8A1 and AN-94.

Don't like lightweight and FJ seems useless in HC. My essential perks are Hardline, Ghost, Scavenger and Engineer. Have Tac mask, Blind Eye and Cold Blooded on a couple as well.

I also have diamond LMGs, haven't seen anyone else using them yet.

Level 16

here's the thing... people would use rocket launchers in the game, if they worked.. But no, the tryhard crybabies moaned so much about it, they decided to nerf them.. A youtube commentator summed it up perfectly:

An RPG - designed to take out walls, vehicles and cause mass destruction will not kill someone in this game from 15 metres away, but a shotgun will kill someone 45 yards away.

However, whilst I agree that the vast majority of people use SMG's and the same perks in this game, which makes the game boring to some extent. This isn't BO2's fault. MW2, everyone ran Marathon, Stopping Power and Ninja (some ran sleight of hand or scavenger in perk 1 instead).

BO1 EVERYBODY ran Ghost Pro, with Sleight of Hand, then MW3 everyone ran Blind Eye, Assassin Pro, with Dead Silence (until Sitrep was patched) or Steady Aim

You only found 2 guns being used in MW2 - Silenced UMP's or Interventions, BO1 everyone either used the Famas or AK74u, in MW3 everyone used the PP90M1 or the MP7 with the MP9 or Akimbo FMG9 as secondary...

Every game, everybody will find a class that does well and is strong,... So class setups will always be similar.

Level 7

in reply to WonkySausage

Did you actually play MW3? I hardly saw anyone with BE, and the ACR was the one that everyone used. How could you miss that out? Stalker was a pretty common perk as well, saw that more than BE.

Level 16

Studios