The last latency discussion you will need...

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The last latency discussion you will need...

in reply to WARzH311ion

Quite true

Nice summary

Level 44

in reply to WARzH311ion

My question is why are other games fine online and I had almost zero problems in MW3, yet playing core domination for example in BO2 has just horrendous lag? It doesn't matter what time of day, it's still awful. HCKC is fine but core, oh vey.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

zingaa wrote:

My question is why are other games fine online and I had almost zero problems in MW3, yet playing core domination for example in BO2 has just horrendous lag? It doesn't matter what time of day, it's still awful. HCKC is fine but core, oh vey.

Amazing how someone else's experience of connectivity in MW3 is better however for BO2, it's the complete opposite whereas my connectivity experience of MW3 hosting (might I add) was much worse than BO2 considering that I don't feel so much in a disadvantage as host in BO2.

A tough question to answer as experiences differ amongst players on various COD titles. (specifically BO, MW3 & BO2)

Level 51
Highlighted

in reply to vims2011

vims1990 wrote:

zingaa wrote:

Amazing how someone else's experience of connectivity in MW3 is better however for BO2, it's the complete opposite whereas my connectivity experience of MW3 hosting (might I add) was much worse than BO2 considering that I don't feel so much in a disadvantage as host in BO2.

A really tough question to answer as experiences differ amongst players on various COD titles. (specifically BO, MW3 & BO2)

Yeah I know really strange. I can't seem to find any consistent pattern, drives me nuts. I used to think all the people complaining about it in MW3 were just whining, however now I realize their frustrations.

Level 32

in reply to zingaa

Which is why I try to avoid telling someone in a pre-game lobby or on the COD HQ to stop blaming lag for their deaths. (or I would be considered a hypocrite for my constant complaining of connectivity issues in MW3)

All I can say is that I hope the connectivity will become consistent/will improve.at some point.

Level 51

in reply to WARzH311ion

2. Except your ping to a server on pingtest will tell a lot of information about your ping to another players xbox.  If you are wired the same way, you will be able to see how your connection to a host will be in a general geographical location.  As well as expose any jitter problems your line has.  Perhaps it depends on the host's line quality, network settings, etc. but to say it "has nothing to do with your online gaming experience" is grossly incorrect.

3.  I'm completely for this.  People do this for a few reasons.  To either try to avoid being host, because their game does not play well when they are host and they experience a severe disadvantage. Or to try to make things run smoother.  The game is broken, I think the player should take any and all measures to try to put themselves on a level playing field.  If this is the 3rd game in a row they have included this broken game mechnic and made no attempt to fix it (with the exception of MW3, which they have admitted there are synch problems and tried to fix it. And explain that.  How could their be no problems if MW3 devs admitted there were and tried to fix them???)

4. You will never have a perfect life, so stop trying? Yes, lets all just deal with the fact that we will never have anything perfect.  SO LETS ALL GIVE UP!!!.  What kind of life model is that?  "Lets all never strive to improve anything because we will never get it 100% right."  Exercise some intelligence here.  Or stop typing on these forums because your points will never be 100% accepted, so what's the use?

The point is that the developers are hiding behind the people who claim number 4.  You're letting them off the hook and doing a disservice to the rest of us who are experience problems.

Further, you have no idea how many people are, or are not experiencing problems.  For you all you know, you (or players in general) could be having synch problems, and don't have the visual and metal wherewithal to realize that people are seeing you a couple of tenths of seconds before you see them.  The same goes for people who think they have problems, and just don't, or just have common "lag" problems (not "lag comp" synch issues).  Then you have the people who are benefitting from lag comp, and are 1 or 2 of 11 other in a room that will consistantly get the jump on me and I cannot kill them.  They are not going to complain.  And then, who is actually complaining about it, and though what medium?

So you really cant use words like "most" when talking about who experiences these issues - whether you'd like to think you're right or not... unless you can offer me some kind of proof or sound logical argument.

Level 6

in reply to Jinx484

couldn't agree more with this^^

Level 3

in reply to WARzH311ion

warzh311ion wrote:

Look, all of you people out there wanting to "increase your ping", this is senceless. I want to go over why we have issues in the first place:

1: Not all Internet providers are equal. Some Internet providers have crap when it comes to line stability. 

2: Your ping on speedtest.net means nothing to your online gaming experience. All of you who come on here and say "I have a 5ms pin" have not a clue as to how things work. The ping to a server on speedtest is not the same as the ping you get from the host on the game.

3: People manipulating their network when they don't have a clue just causes issues when others join them. You are making the experience worse for others who join have to have you as host during a match.

4: No matter what you do, you will never have a perfect connection, so stop trying. You will either have an advantage or disadvantage, depending on your distance and path to the host. It is very rare that everyone in a lobby is on equal ground.

This is a remedy for your first point,

http://

Level 11

in reply to WARzH311ion

to OP,

People are not looking for a "perfect" connection.  A lot of us have been playing CoD for a long time and know that a perfect connection isn't possible. Every once in a while lag WILL screw you over, and it's just something you gotta live with...but the issue here is that BO2 has such unbelievably horrid latency problems that it's unplayable for many of us in its current state and we are looking for ways to get around it.....because we love CoD and we're not willing to accept defeat to bad game design.

Level 8

Studios