The internet changes........

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The internet changes........

in reply to Bielsalmighty

I hope you are right.

Level 9

in reply to darkwitness

If MW3 wound up playing ok for you then you should be fine. I remember the outcry about how bad that game was on release. I got it around christmas and failed to see what all the fuss was about, it didn't seem that bad to me. Right now, BO2 plays as well for me as MW3 did around the same time. Therefore I feel quite confident that the timeframe for BO2 being sorted is the same as MW3s.

If MW3 stayed bad for you, well... =/

Level 31

Bielsalmighty wrote:

If MW3 wound up playing ok for you then you should be fine. I remember the outcry about how bad that game was on release. I got it around christmas and failed to see what all the fuss was about, it didn't seem that bad to me. Right now, BO2 plays as well for me as MW3 did around the same time. Therefore I feel quite confident that the timeframe for BO2 being sorted is the same as MW3s.

If MW3 stayed bad for you, well... =/

lol mw3 never really got fixed for some, and alot of the guys with high end connections on here that alsways been playing devils advocate even been moaning about it most of it's 1st year lifespan

yh for me it got better

and yh every cod ran smoother eventually, but this one is a true exception so far for me, worst games ever

and not likely it's my connection as i can ping 2 country's further withing 25MS and the games (all cods so far) just LOVE making me host, and since the hotfix of yesterday the game been a living hell connection wise

BO 1 month, 1 month, connection was fixed for me, and no matter what they did after that i always felt like that game would atleast run somewhat decent, even loved to host on there, here host = unavoidable death sentence 9 out of 10x

and yh games run fine for you

yet the dev's themself were blaiming lag on their livestream

ever considered you could be having a lagvantage ?

Level 8

Well Vahn came out and said provide proof, plenty of proof has been provided.  And  nothing, not a peep, oh but buy our new DLC we need more money!!

Level 7

in reply to Foxman3501

So, just because they haven't said anything means they aren't working on the proof that was provided? Unless you have inside access to Treyarchs studios, then you are merely making assumptions.

Heres the thing: I dont doubt they are aware of any issues, but IMO knowing what big companies, corporations and their cash cow brands can be like, I dont doubt that devs are gagged from acknowledging any inherent faults with a game (barring glitches as, well, you'll never catch ALL of them) due to boardroom fears of brand damage.

EDIT: and before I get 'well why isn't it fixed then?' Rome wasn't built in a day. However I personally have noticed a REAL improvement in the lobbies matchmaking is throwing me into.

Level 31

in reply to NotablePie

I think the devs themselves said it's the same netcode that was used in past cods

Level 9

in reply to Maccabi

I don't think he is comparing apples to fruitcakes.

I have played this franchise since the beginning and never, I repeat never, have I had the sheer amount of issues with game connection as I do with this inexcusable piece of....

It seems that you have nothing but good things to say about this game and it truly mistifies me. No matter what people say you seem to always have a rebuttal. Do you not get tired of having to shoulder the weight of the problems of this game?

When this game first came out it was playable, not phenomenal, but playable. After 3 months of tampering with whatever the game is excrutiatingly hard to have fun. Every single lobby now has at least half, if not more, with 1-2 bar peeps. Which in turn, makes then game run so piss poor its no longer fun.

Now don't call me out about playtime or when I played it last.... I try to play an hour a night and pray to whomever before I load the game up it will be a good connection night.........my hopes and prayers are utterly dashed every night.

Know whats funny?  Not one time in COD4, WAW, or even MW2 did I have to hope for a non crap connection game.  This game, its a hourly occurrence.

So, master of all rebuttals, please enlighten me/us as to how I'm mistaken and this game doesn't have issues.

Level 3

in reply to Maccabi

No i'm not.

I'm playing a 3 year old game with a much, MUCH, smaller pool of players. Less players means less people to play with,less people to pick as host. Yet I can get into games with infintely less BS than this game.

I should also point out that the internet i'm using now is actually not as good as it was when I was playing MW2 when it came out. And it still plays fine.

i'm not saying MW2 was perfect - or is perfect now even(I got into a stupidly laggy lobby last night) - but I had a lot more fun playing it than this game.

I even played this game afterwards and regretted it after 10 minutes.

Level 30

in reply to biron_w

Maccabi, will we still be in the same situation with the new xbox coming out later this year?

With it's better spec and new COD games to fit that spec, etc, will some of us still be here struggling with lag because of the wide range of connection speeds and quality?

Will it help in any way or could it even be worse?

Level 20

obzi wrote:

Maccabi, will we still be in the same situation with the new xbox coming out later this year?

With it's better spec and new COD games to fit that spec, etc, will some of us still be here struggling with lag because of the wide range of connection speeds and quality?

Will it help in any way or could it even be worse?

Sorry predicting the future is one of the skills I havent mastered yet.

but i think its safe to say that regardless of the nxtgen specs and games people will still be on here complaining mw4 or bo3 lags. as end of the day the weakest part of any online game is the users own connection to the host/server

Level 75

Studios