The community is dying.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The community is dying.

in reply to Bielsalmighty

It's like no one wants to use their brain anymore. Now, instead of thinking and applying strategies, ppl just whine and cry about OPd this and OPd that until they change it. For me, simplicity is the answer. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all the gadgets and such, but a "dumbed down" approach would be fine with me. Take WAW for example, even with all it's problems, the game allowed for skillful gameplay. Take away all the junk, give a man, or woman, a few guns, a few perks, and some ammo, and let SKILL come into play. Strategy is a big part of war, and trying to fix ppls shortcomings with more and more gadgets just increases the problems. I don't know the actual numbers, but I would wager that the majority of ppl who buy cod do so for the MP. That being said, why not lose the campaign, and concentrate on the MP, slim line it, and leave the gameplay up to skill vs skill. It seems as if skillful players are being pushed aside to accommodate players of lesser skill in order to keep them interested. The problem with that is most of the lesser skilled players are not as skilled as some is because the minute a new release of any type comes out, they jump on it and leave cod in the dust. I myself am pretty much a cod player exclusively, so when all the new wears off ill still be here playing while  the "gamers" all move on to the next new "thing". I guess what I'm getting at is why not take a good look at whose been playing cod for years, and give them a little more priority than the "easy come, easy go" crowd. That being said, the "gamers" will buy everything new that comes along, leaving the true cod fans with a "noob" friendly version of a skill based game where skill, more often than not, isn't really a factor.

Level 8

in reply to CLureCO

Nobody wants to use 'Return' anymore... You expect people to read that?

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

Look, it seems to me that ppl want to "return" somewhat to a playable game. Judging from the MANY comparisons to previous titles. If you don't agree, fine, your entitled to your opinion. I don't know why when I post, trying to be civil, you seem to have something negative to say. I am by far not the nicest person on this forum, but you sir, are becoming like a rock in my shoe. Got nothing better to do, go do it somewhere else.

Level 8

in reply to RallyOrDie

Its not dying, its changing. Many people who play CoD since years are losing interest in the franchise while the new generation of gamers join the game.

Level 24

in reply to FixBlops2

That's kinda  what I was trying to get at. That "new generation" will most likely leave the cod behind as soon as the next new game is released. Not all of them mind you, but a LOT. This leaves us cod vets, who are going to continue to play, despite all the flaws, with a game designed for ppl, the majority of who, wont be playing cod in a couple of months, with a game deigned for ppl who aren't even playing it.

Level 8

in reply to CLureCO

I still love the old ones best.  I wish I could still get some COD2 action but I'm pretty sure if I found my PC discs I would be dissappointed with the amount of games

Level 17

in reply to Griefbot

Oh yea, me too, I'd be playin waw  all the time if I could find a lobby where some dick wasn't in "god mode". As for 2 and 3, haven't tried them in awhile, but the last time I played 2, it was just about 3 or 4 of us and the whole game was just a team switching nightmare. Ahh, the good ole days.

Level 8
Highlighted

in reply to RallyOrDie

RallyOrDie wrote:

Not in numbers but in soul and passion.

What do you all think?

Nope, the players and devs still have the soul and passion for cod.

It's like taking a long flight, sometimes it's smooth and comfortable with a good meal and no screaming kids. Others have turbulence,  teething kids screaming their heads off with the most disgusting food served. You never know what it's going to be like until you take off.

The last 2 flights have been the latter and I'm looking forward to my next holiday already.

Level 16

in reply to RallyOrDie

RallyOrDie wrote:

Not in numbers but in soul and passion.

What do you all think?

Your overly dramatic for a video game that last only one year! Stop watching soap operas or "the walking" dead and chill.

"We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level
of our training"
Level 75

in reply to RallyOrDie

ok chicken little

Level 34

Studios