The community is dying.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The community is dying.

in reply to Maccabi

Is that the official Activision policy Mac or are you just lag question weary?

Level 1

in reply to RallyOrDie

The community is also dying in numbers think. I'm more oline on this forum than I am in game. Lately my xbox has seen none other then BF3 and Borderlands 2. Don't really play BO2 that much anymore. Pretty much done with it.

Level 14

in reply to dweez1988

You were playing it yesterday...

Level 11

in reply to Scorr

don't play that much anymore =/ don't play at all

Level 1

in reply to Scorr

No I was'nt might have been my GF.she plays on my account also since we don't want to pay double for xbox live.

Level 14
Highlighted

in reply to RallyOrDie

i wouldnt go as far to say its dying but it has lost its way both in game and the forums i remember a time when the people on the forums were helpfull now all you get is told is to get better noob

Level 25

in reply to banned-again

There's a healthy and active group who have taken it off forums to the PMs to help each other. Just friend a few via PM there is less bs and more honesty. It's v good.

Level 44

in reply to RallyOrDie

I also think the community is not dying, they ar passionate, just reaching they're boiling point. When you love cod, and game after game you go through the same problems at the start you start to lose faith that they will ever get it right. With the debacle that was MW3 and now the issues a lot of people are having with BO2, the community just wants something a little more stable out of the box. I love cod, but sadly had to shelf MW3 for months as they worked out the kinks, and have recently quit BO2 last friday and will not play again until another update. Thanks for listening.

Level 9

in reply to filthy3627

Thanks for sharing....I think you are spot on.

Level 44

in reply to RallyOrDie

IMO the big problem is that everyone expects to be pounding heads game in game out. This game is superbly balanced IMO, there is nothing that is uncounterable, and there are counters to counters. There are powerful setups, and those are moaned about as being OP, then the community finds the counter to them and those counters are in turn moaned about as being OP.

Example:

SMGs were seized upon early as being OP as they have had a big CQC buff from BO1 (and rightly so)

After a while, some smart cookies realised that the best foil to relentless blind SMG rushing was the R870, and all of a sudden OP whines start popping up about this gun. Mostly from SMG users who were suddenly finding their tactics foiled by a face full of buckshot.

How to counter the R870? If you need to ask how to counter the only weapon whose effective range actually ends, well...

Level 31

Studios