The SMR... An Unexpected Love Story.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The SMR... An Unexpected Love Story.

in reply to randomhero204

Feel free to liven it back up again

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

in reply to NiceDrewishFela

The M1216 & S12 Shotgun

Both shotguns will never compete against the R870 & KSG shotgun however they are decent.

A friend of mine advised me to try the S12 shotgun in which I wasn't too sure as it recieved flak for being the worst BO2 shotgun but I did give a go and I started to love it once I unlocked long barrel & laser sight.

Both shotguns do suffer in range but as long as you keep your engagements close, you'll destroy people with it.

Level 51
Highlighted

in reply to vims2011

Seen a lot of folks using that S12 shotgun recently. Thing shoots crazy fast and seems to have decent range on it. I should try the shotties more often, never gotten into them in CoD.

"You ain't gotta like me, you just mad,cause I tell it how it is, and you tell it how it might be" - Victory
Activision Ambassador

The FAL, at first I used it with Select fire and left it on full auto, and did ok with it.  Then I dropped the select fire and stuck with semi auto only and my KDR is going to go well above 2 with it, I dare even to say well aboce 3. I am getting orbital V sats very often now, 2 in one life is also becoming a common thing, I have never quite gotten to 4 in one life but its been close.  I never thought a gun could surpass the Lsat in my eyes but the more I use it and the most messages I get calling me a booster with a modded controller despite not doing either of them, the more I love it. Red dot(blue circle) Silencer, extended mags for medium range maps, or I trade out the mags for grip on long range maps.

Level 6

in reply to ImOld6reg

Its funny because I have never gotten on well with the FAL in previous titles. It just never felt right for whatever reason.

I tried it early on in my first prestige and really liked the feel of it. I haven't used it enough but it is a fantastic gun. Need to get back on that one for my Camos, still grinding on my SMR.

Activision Ambassador

the SMR was my LAST gun in the AR group to get gold for diamonds. IT WAS A GRIND. the iron sights are so awful. they hinder your view of everything. the gun is THE BIG THUMP and everyone on the map will know where you are when you fire. they might also fear you if you ar the lobby leader, WHICH YOU WILL BECOME at the end of your mastery with it.

drink a few pots of coffee, settle in and dont let it break your will. 150 no perks/attachments y test you however lol. after you get over that hump, you will sail into the diamond harbor.

Level 18

I would get 1000 headshots with the SMR with no attachments or perks again rather than ever touch the Type 25 again.

Level 6

It most definitely was a grind, to be sure. I think the hardest part for me was getting the Cherry Blossom, especially after having played with various setups to find one that worked for me.

At the same time... I think I am proudest of that camo. It was nice to know I can still be effective with a single shot weapon. In fact, I had one of my best matches ever on Drone, going 40-5... which was a big help in earning that camo.

Happy to report I am done with my SMR!

It's been real.. but now I have to have a tryst with the M8A1 and FAL....

Activision Ambassador

last one for me, will finish AR's this w/e, you give me HOPE

Level 3

The FAL... She looked so good when I first saw her... Good Looking from far, good up close. So quiet and graceful.. just squeeze and pop.. brain matter.. ooh what montage it was.. That was of course , in the hands of another... Soon as I got mine however.. Hell broke loose.. slow loading, horrible recoil , sub par iron sights and the muzzle flash made for the sun.. bottom of the list , game in and game out.. I pleaded with the gun constantly.. asking , why?!!!.. then she answered with message, a gift.. Select fire.. Its was like the first date, the first kiss... It was almost as perfect as i imagined.. before long we were conquering map after map, making a mockery of anyone who dared tempt us with a SMG 3 way... The first anniversary she gave me a silencer and a Primary gunfighter medallion so I could where my red dot with the silencer and fire selector.. Sadly.. We are not speaking as of now.. She's all mad that i have NO perks or attachments .. she says all i want are diamonds... pfft.. what does she know..

Level 2

Studios