The Ridiculous Crossbow Challenge

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The Ridiculous Crossbow Challenge

in reply to atruefan

Don't you know all you have to do is get a party of eight and play sticks and stones. How hard is that. Personally I am wondering what you are going to do with your gold crossbow. If you print a picture of it and take it to starbucks they'll sell you  a cup of coffee for four bucks.

Level 9

in reply to nflfenatic

nflfenatic wrote:

Don't you know all you have to do is get a party of eight and play sticks and stones. How hard is that. Personally I am wondering what you are going to do with your gold crossbow. If you print a picture of it and take it to starbucks they'll sell you  a cup of coffee for four bucks.

I don't really think boosting is the correct answer.

Level 15

in reply to atruefan

the crossbow challenge is crazy hard but it's certainly do-able, i did it and i'm not the greatest player in the world. I too have experienced missing still players when i thought i'd had the killshot. the crossbow only becomes effective with attachments, like tri-bolt and or dual band scope and it is the most unforgiving weapon if you miss.

Level 1

in reply to atruefan

I had it gold within the release week :/ i wanted something gold asap, i didnt find it too challenging

Level 8

in reply to atruefan

I finally got my crossbow gold last night! 

I made a crossbow only class, no primary.  Dual band, scavenger/fast hands, flak jacket and tactical mask, flashbang.  I forget what the last points were spent on, probably perk 3 greed and engineer or dexterity.  Flak jacket/Tac mask are my bloodthristy combo- especially tac mask, as nothing seems to interrupt a good streak as much as a concussion grenade.

I got it in hard core- as much as I wanted to do it in core where I could regenerate health, the instant kill in HC was a better choice, as half the time I stick someone in core they kill me before the bolt explodes.   I'm pretty good with the xbow and use it as a counter sniper on my shotgun class, but the tight map design makes close quarters a certainty.  Also, in HC the impact kill grants a scavenger bag so I don't absolutely have to pick up a weapon off the ground.

By the way, I don't know why anyone thinks Sticks and Stones is the place to get a bloodthirsty- I'd much rather do it with scavenger in this game because the accuracy is a joke,  If I had to get 5/6 in BO1 I am sure I could, but in this game not a chance.

Shield, Combat Knife and Crossbow done, now just the Ballistic, which will be easy in comparison.

Level 15

in reply to atruefan

YAY got mine Gold just now. I managed the full clip challenge in FFA and the Bloodthirsty in Sticks and Stones.

Just the 2nd tier Shield challenges now

Level 15

in reply to atruefan

I've gotten 4 kills with that thing 7 times and just can't get that 5th kill.  I stopped trying because I don't want to spend any more money on new controllers and my wife gets upset about all the holes in the wall.

Level 9

in reply to atruefan

The Crossbow's definitely one of the tougher weapons to get gold... I've actually gotten a lot better with it by going through the challenges though lol It's difficult but perhaps extra rewarding after having completed it mostly without playing Sticks n Stones

But if you want to talk about one of the most difficult sets of challenges, it's the assault shield. That thing is messed up, because you can easily get shot through the shield, have your hits somehow miss, etc. Getting that one gold was probably the toughest of everything I've gotten gold (which is everything but the snipers, LMGs and pistols)

Level 18

Mine are diamond

Sticks and stones for the crossbow

HC and shock charges with the shield

Level 6

in reply to atruefan

After I got my 300 kills to unlock the challenges it took me about 150 kills to finish gold camo.  Personally I gave up trying to get the bloodthirsty on Sticks/ stones.  I got to  4 kills a couple times and either died or ran out of ammo.  I switched to demo. Ran dualband with smoke.  Threw smoke down around bomb sites. Watched the enemy come in try to plant under cover and picket them off.  I got it on my first try.

Level 4

Studios