The Pick 10 system is a lie.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Xbox 360

Re: The Pick 10 system is a lie.

in reply to Tick7

but surely theres no real issue because:

suppressor + long barrel = more range than supressor with long barrel and less range than long barrel minus the suppressor.

i really dont know hy 3arc implemented this limit.

Level 10

in reply to The_Shift

Actually yes because when using a silenced weapon your range drops. this is the small sacrifice you make to stay silent. by then using the long barrell you counter this.

Level 21
Highlighted

in reply to The_Shift

The_Shift wrote:

why cant I have the long barrel and silencer as my attachments? for my "Pick 10" Oh you cant to that...

Probably because if you wish to increase the performance of your guns, you sacrifice stealth for it.  That happened in MW2 and COD4.  For MW2 if you wanted Cold Blooded, you had to sacrifice Stopping Power.  For COD4 if you wanted UAV Jammper you had to sacrifice Stopping Power.  Same with sniper rifles where you get a decrease in multipliers on parts of the enemy's body when using a suppressor.  I remember using a suppressor in MW3 for sniper rifles for the weapon challenges, and it was pain using them, the L118A being the most annoying to use with a suppressor, unless I used the post-patch SVD or RSASS given that I used Assassin instead of Quickdraw when sniping.  That's the sacrifice I made for not showing up as a red dot on the mini map.

In BO1 you couldn't have rapid fire and extended magazines on the SMGs but MW3 gave you a lot more freedom on attachment choice.  The great thing about attachments is I don't feel the need to use optics as all the iron sights (excluding sniper rifles as I've not used these yet) are good.  I don't have to put up with anything as obtrusive as the M60's irons from MW3.  Yay!

Oh yeah, in COD4 if you wanted Grip as an attachment on LMGs, you went without a perk and you couldn't even have a suppressor.

Level 31

in reply to The_Shift

you cant combine the hybrid with the grenade launcher because the d-pad uses the same activation button with each thing.

Level 3

in reply to The_Shift

No, how about you just get over it. they never said it would allow you to fully have the gun or class exactly like you wanted. They just said it allowed you to chose 10 things to make a class. So no it is not a lie. Since yes you get to pick 10 for your class.

Pick 10 was never about pick the 10 things you wanted with no restrictions ever...

This game will never allow that level of customization in it ever because of balance issuse that would cause.

Wow... the entitlemend minded attitude of some players in games these days is just mind bogling...

Level 70

in reply to jwaller123

He has a point. Even when I am the fan of the system. I don't get negativity for this post, it's just good critique at the system. There is no NEED to go fanboy over him.

I'd like to be able to put as many attachments to gun as possible for one. That'd be awesome.

But yeah, you have a good point too about balance. Maybe there is less issues now.

Level 6

in reply to The_Shift

The_Shift wrote:

The cry babies have RUINED THIS GAME....

Pot Kettle Black.... Love the irony....

Dual Bands on all groups would be cool, but no need to cry about it. lol

Level 15

in reply to The_Shift

In theory you could have more than 2 perks if wild card were allowed to be used twice.

Level 9

in reply to superbob

I just wish you could run a pistol as your primary and still have a secondary slot open. Meh.

Level 10

in reply to The_Shift

Silencer and long barrel? loooooooool lol loooooooooooooool

Level 7

Studios